Calgary

northstar23

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:dBarrie,
I am originaly from Newmarket ONT. and trust me once you ride the WEST you will never pull over a sled in the EAST unless you like to ride strait on the hard pak. you will have a great time out here and most areas that have access to all the steep also include nice trail rides in and rolling hills and of course CHAMPAGNE powder is a tonne of fun in the flats, hills and steep.
Snotty will send ya in the right direction at the time as the conditions vary from area to area..
and if ya have any more questions just send a pm and I will try and help ya, hey maybe even come for a ride.

Thanks I'll try and take you up on that. Your right about the strait line riding it does get boring and you use alot of fuel real easy to do 200 miles of trail in a day. When we ride the back country only burn half the fuel and have more fun, we got steep hills there just not deep.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No my son is 12, his mother doesn't let him on the computer for fear of too much easy contact with dad:rant: So I only have him here in the summer, his eyes bugg out when he see the sleds.So I figure take the sleds to him this winter and we will all have a bit of fun:)
Right on your making the best of the situation.........good on you. PM me I'll show you 2 around where ever the best snow is at the time...

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when are you coming to Calgary??
Mountain Mania is a snow and mud sled weekend and this year would be a good trip for you to take, lots of guys to help you out and show you around!!

northstar23

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when are you coming to Calgary??
Mountain Mania is a snow and mud sled weekend and this year would be a good trip for you to take, lots of guys to help you out and show you around!!

When and what is Mountain Mania and where. It sounds like a must attend event.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
That is the million dollar question!!!!!!! They have'nt planned it yet. Its still a bit early. I imagine snowfall amounts and that sort of thing has alot to do with it. I just want to know so i can book my hotel.
Rusty

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From reading the thred about this all I know is that
1. Date will be released late Aug early Sept
2. Will be in the North area (??Valemount??Mcbride??)
3. Will be in late January 2009
4. Will be one helluva time!!!!:d:d

I live in Calgary and definitaly plan on going this year. No matter where it is.

northstar23

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just read the post from last years Mountain Mania and looks really interesting, is it in the same area or is it held in different locations.
I think I read it was in Quartz Creek? Where is that? Is that near R M House?

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You must have posted as I was typing, it was in Quartz creek last year, this is out at Golden BC, this year may be a little further away but is definately worth the trip!!

northstar23

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From reading the thred about this all I know is that
1. Date will be released late Aug early Sept
2. Will be in the North area (??Valemount??Mcbride??)
3. Will be in late January 2009
4. Will be one helluva time!!!!:d:d

I live in Calgary and definitaly plan on going this year. No matter where it is.

Its a bit of a drive from Calgary, but theres enough time to budget in a little cash for that event:d

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like it should be even bigger this year, was a great goup of guys out last year.

What do you have for sleds??

northstar23

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I checked on mapquest and it only 330miles not as bad as I thought(Calgary to Valemount) I thought it was way more than that.
My sled is a 600 Switchback IQ 144"

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
You guys are full of a ton of information about the 2009 Mountain Mania...and some of the guessing is close...some, not so much
We will release more info once the committee has made the final decisions....and yes it will likely be in late September and hopefully before Snowmobile show here in Edmonton.

Last year was a ton of fun and we hope to make it even better this year.

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you bet, will be there!! may have to see about the rest of the crew, at least 1 or 2 more for sure!!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Maybe...but I don't get to say, the committee will make that call...lol....
We need to confirm that we can have enough accommodations for roughly 100 sledders and a place large enough to host a gathering.
Nothing is for sure yet.
It's a little like Christmas with everyone guessing...hey, don;t rule out Southern Alberta/BC...a ton of good riding in that area too.

Any hints before late septmber

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys are full of a ton of information about the 2009 Mountain Mania...and some of the guessing is close...some, not so much
We will release more info once the committee has made the final decisions....and yes it will likely be in late September and hopefully before Snowmobile show here in Edmonton.

Last year was a ton of fun and we hope to make it even better this year.

The release date will hopefully be in SEPT...not the RIDE..LMFAO

Top Bottom