Calgary Snowmobile Show 2008

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the show was definitly smaller this year.There were a lot of venders not there that were last year.Not as many people knocking me over this year.You would think that when they see you walking slow with a cane they would give a bit of space.
Gotta say the shortage of people made it easier to talk to Dan Davidoff mind you he did have a line up most of the day.He's one nice guy for sure.While standing in line a young kid around 8 or 9 asked Dan for a autograph on his Thunderstruck 7 poster. Dan not only signed it he took the young guy directly to Randy Swenson's booth to get it signed. Total class act if you ask me.
Good show but didn't spend as much as last year due to lack of venders. I sure hope next years show is earlier in the season.
Well I am heading to Revy Dec.6 and 7th and will continue the damagedgoods/smokindave report on Monday.

Cheers,
Dave

GRD

Reaction score
Well the show was definitly smaller this year.There were a lot of venders not there that were last year.Not as many people knocking me over this year.You would think that when they see you walking slow with a cane they would give a bit of space.
Gotta say the shortage of people made it easier to talk to Dan Davidoff mind you he did have a line up most of the day.He's one nice guy for sure.While standing in line a young kid around 8 or 9 asked Dan for a autograph on his Thunderstruck 7 poster. Dan not only signed it he took the young guy directly to Randy Swenson's booth to get it signed. Total class act if you ask me.
Good show but didn't spend as much as last year due to lack of venders. I sure hope next years show is earlier in the season.
Well I am heading to Revy Dec.6 and 7th and will continue the damagedgoods/smokindave report on Monday.

Cheers,
Dave

Good run down on the show... I talked to you for a bit by the s&m booth... It was nice to talk to you!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Cheers,
Dave

What day were you there? Went about Sat afternoon about 4 and it was a good time, by the way - nice to meet you SledderGlen! Not a ton of people but still steady. Sunday would have been a switchblade with all the snow, went out at 9am, got home at 11 and stayed off the roads the rest of the day, was a nightmare at about 10 am. If you went on Sunday I could understand it not being busy, but I did think it would have been busier on Saturday afternoon, maybe it was in the morning?

Got some good deals on boots and a new jacket for the Mrs. Picked up a backpack and new shovel as well. Talked to the S&M folks, ASA guys, club members and Krazy Canadian as well (did you see hiw new tunnel there? very cool!). Not as many aftermarket guys as I would have liked to see but what are you gonna do? Specialty Sleds had some nice looking iron as well, don't have any pics sorry.

The new Camoplast 3" x 174" tracks are insane!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see them in action this year, they are massive.

PolarisMan

Reaction score
There was not even as close to the number of booths and items as their were in edmonton. It is defintitley worth the drive to go to Edmon. But the show wasn't to bad. I met up with Foothills M8 and a couple other S&M guys.

Top Bottom