Calgary Snowmobile Club "STARS" club ride

DRS

Reaction score
Calgary Snowmobile Club has a club ride for February 6. This is a club ride dedicated to STARS. Please collect your pledges if you plan to be there or support a member in which will be riding.

I am in the process of collecting pledges if anyone wishes to donate to STARS. We all know how worthy of a cause this is.

Plan is to meet at the Cataract Creek staging area at 9:30. Everyone is welcome and I encourage everyone to bring the family out or introduce someone to the sport of snowmobiling.

For pledge forms or more information please feel free to contact Joel at 403 771-6616.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its real nice that this thread came up what four days before the event.As Stars is one of two charities that I do give my hard earned cash too and I am an avid snowmobiler it sure would have been nice if this was posted awhile ago.I have sent a PM to Klingon Warrior yesterday at 7:30 am and even though he was on here this morning making a post I still have not heard back from him.

As I have spinal cord injuries many people I know and at least a hundred different businesses here in Calgary feel sorry for me and would support me as I am well known as an avid sledder, I am sure I could of got a pledge sheet filled up.
So my question is WTF?
I'll say one thing,this has got me worked up enough that I will be attending the next club meeting.
Many thanks to Gas Can for informing me of the ride which I will attend,I just wish I could of helped Stars.

Rant over!!! :rant::realmad:

Dave

smokin check a bit further down in this section
drs has posted all the calgary club rides there

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
smokin check a bit further down in this section
drs has posted all the calgary club rides there

I see that now but all it says is Stars Ride.Nothing at all about pledges or really any info.My problem is as soon as I was told who the pres. of the club was I immediatly sent a PM offering help and requesting info.
I have since then cut and pasted DRS's thread and put on another site that I am also affiliated with.
I suppose it is for the best as I will be attending the meetings from now on.

Dave

Klingon Warrior

Reaction score
Its real nice that this thread came up what four days before the event.As Stars is one of two charities that I do give my hard earned cash too and I am an avid snowmobiler it sure would have been nice if this was posted awhile ago.I have sent a PM to Klingon Warrior yesterday at 7:30 am and even though he was on here this morning making a post I still have not heard back from him.

As I have spinal cord injuries many people I know and at least a hundred different businesses here in Calgary feel sorry for me and would support me as I am well known as an avid sledder, I am sure I could of got a pledge sheet filled up.
So my question is WTF?
I'll say one thing,this has got me worked up enough that I will be attending the next club meeting.
Many thanks to Gas Can for informing me of the ride which I will attend,I just wish I could of helped Stars.

Rant over!!! :rant::realmad:

Dave

While I do understand your frustration, I apologize for the delay in getting back to you, worked yesterday and had the Executive meeting last night, didn't get home till after 11 PM. I did however reply to your message shortly after I made that posting this morning,,, I do not have an electronic pledge form, they are all printed, numbered and handed out at the meetings, (to keep people honest). Your personal support can be pledged at the start of the day to myself or anyone else with a pledge form. We have been promoting this at the meetings and I had a rant about supporting it in my last newsletter article, and Ralph I believe talked about it in the second last newsletter and DRS has posted all of the club rides on this forum and I have brought it up at the last 4 meetings.
As a club, we have done everything we could to rally support for this very important cause, and at the risk of being offensive,, I welcome your suggestions on how to "make the horse drink after you lead it to water?" Sorry, don't mean to be brash, but I thought we covered the bases !!

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just too keep everyone in the know Klingon Warrior did try to PM me but from what I understand is not computer genius.
I know I have made many a boo boo posting.:eek:
I am going to meet up with him in the morning and get a pledge sheet and try and fill it up before Saturday.
So if there is anyone out there that want to sponsor an old handicapped dude I and Stars would really appreciate it.
I am one of those lucky people that after a motorcycle accident feel I owe my life to Stars.
So if you are in the Calgary area PLEASE PM me and sponsor me for a service that you or a family member may need in the future.

Cheers,
Dave:beer::)

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just too keep everyone in the know Klingon Warrior did try to PM me but from what I understand is not computer genius.
I know I have made many a boo boo posting.:eek:
I am going to meet up with him in the morning and get a pledge sheet and try and fill it up before Saturday.
So if there is anyone out there that want to sponsor an old handicapped dude I and Stars would really appreciate it.
I am one of those lucky people that after a motorcycle accident feel I owe my life to Stars.
So if you are in the Calgary area PLEASE PM me and sponsor me for a service that you or a family member may need in the future.

Cheers,
Dave:beer::)

how does the pledge work per km or is it a total donation

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to the Calgary Snowmobile "STARS" club ride. My wife and daughters will be on the ride with myself.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how does the pledge work per km or is it a total donation

Hi Polarice,
It is by a total donation,as the conditions down there are always changing they could not do it by the km.
I am hoping to get a few people to give me a pledge in the next three days.

Cheers,
Dave

Shock

Reaction score
I understand that it is late but I believe better late than never. I am afraid I can not attend but I will donate to the first 3 peolpe to answer to this thread going on the ride $1 (one dollar) to every KM you do. just let me know and tell me how much.
Stars is Great

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understand that it is late but I believe better late than never. I am afraid I can not attend but I will donate to the first 3 peolpe to answer to this thread going on the ride $1 (one dollar) to every KM you do. just let me know and tell me how much.
Stars is Great

I hope I was quick enough PM me if I was.

Cheers,
Dave

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Calgary area people i need your help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a spinal cord injured rider that is looking for help.After a motorcycle accident a number of years ago,I got transported to hospital and spent over a month with numerous injuries including a pinched spinal cord which over time got worse so Doctors removed the disk in my neck and they screwed a titanium plate into the disk above and below the disk they removed.

Well this weekend at Cataract Creek "The Calgary Snowmobile Club" is putting on a ride with proceeds going to "STARS" an organization I support.
I will complete the ride for sure.

The ride is this Saturday so I don't have much time to get pledges,so if you can help me and STARS out I will gladly come and meet you anywhere in Calgary or area with the pledge sheet.

They will be giving recipets for any pledges over ten dollars.
Like me you just never know if you and or a member of your family will ever need their services so please help,Stars needs our help now.

If you feel you can sponsor an old handicapped sledder please PM me or call me on my at 403-467-4561.

Cheers,
Dave

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
OK...

Here we go with a corporate challenge!

I can't make the ride this weekend as I will be taking my wife out to Cataract for her first ride on her sled but will donate to the riders via this corporate pledge to the Stars ride.

I pledge $25.00 for each of the first 10 sleds making this ride on Saturday. Trusting you'll be keeping track of the sleds leaving the staging area, you can note that my company "Contract Security Inc" will pledge as noted above. Just let me know who the cheque goes to and I will get it off right away. Hope this can be topped by another corporate challenge and this thread keeps growing.

GasCan

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK...

I can't make the ride this weekend as I will be taking my wife out to Cataract for her first ride on her sled but will donate to the riders via this corporate pledge to the Stars ride.

I pledge $25.00 for each of the first 10 sleds making this ride on Saturday. Trusting you'll be keeping track of the sleds leaving the staging area, you can note that my company "Contract Security Inc" will pledge as noted above. Just let me know who the cheque goes to and I will get it off right away. Hope this can be topped by another corporate challenge and this thread keeps growing.

GasCan

Is that the first ten sleds in the parking lot ready to go,cause I'm always and I mean always there early to sled.
I might be late for church or I might be late for work but never for a day of riding.I wake up every hour till I get up,I think I may have an addiction problem.
Might as well make one of those cheques out in my honour.

Cheers,
Dave:beer:
PS(I really look forward to going for a ride with you this season)

Klingon Warrior

Reaction score
OK...

GasCan

I see your contribution and match it, make your cheque payable to the Calgary Snowmobile Club and Thank You.
Joel

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
great team work guys. this thread has taken a way better turn!

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well its way past this old mans bed time so if you want to make a pledge please PM me and I will get back to you in the morning,or leave your phone number and I will call tommorrow.
To all that made a pledge tonight thank you very much,it is appreciated.

Cheers,
Dave

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To the top for a good cause,only two more days left to make a pledge for a real good cause.PM me if you want to help or have any questions.

Dave

Top Bottom