Calgary Sled Show

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stopped by the Calgary sled show today stopped at the S&M booth bought a hoody and emptied my wallet into Taylor's pail and met the folks working the booth. The show was a lot smaller than I expected, I guess I shoulda went to Edmonton. Finally met the Krazy Kanadian though, he's a pretty nice guy and had some good deals on DVD's. Ralphs is really blowing out their old stock sleds. 2009 M8 153" standards had tags of $7999.00, how do you beat that?

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was there too it seemed even smaller than last year now glad i went to edmonton and got my shopping done did get a sled betties vid cause i forgot to in edmonchuk

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was there too it seemed even smaller than last year now glad i went to edmonton and got my shopping done did get a sled betties vid cause i forgot to in edmonchuk

S*&t... I forgot to buy the Sledbetties video today.

Taz56

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.56offsuit.com
Went as well, bought a S&M hat and also a helmet cam and some clothes...... Was a small show but still worth going and seeing... Glad I went.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah the show was pretty small, I worked at the BRP booth for 2 days, 2 long days...not much to see at the show this year IMO, I got a BCA air bag though. Saw most of my riding buddies and customers, that was nice. Lots of people wanted to check out the FReeride andmost really though it was cool when they checked it out in real life. I got to quiz Dan Treadway about alot of stuff, picking his brain about sled set up and riding technique was really cool, he is a really nice guy. Can wait to try my throttle backwards in the trigger position. I also want to go out to the coast to the Pemberton Area and ride for a weekend now, sounds like that area rocks.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100_4378.jpg

Chief Shinytop flanked by two members of the DPFN. :biglaugh:

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Alberta Relic Riders are pleased to anounce the winners of the Peoples Chioce Awards for Calgary. Thanks to all that stopped by and enjoyed our display and took the time to vote!
First 1968 Diablo Rouge
Second 1974 Raider
Third 1972 650 Thunder Jet
100_4654.jpg

100_4659.jpg

100_4644.jpg

We have a new website that is still under construction.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be going to Edmonton next year. Was happy to support the club and show the last few years but next year I will just send them a cheque and save myself the time and the parking fee.

Show was 1/2 the size of last year, and I feel terrible for the vendors to fork out the big $$$ for the floor space and have such a poor turnout. No aftermarket vendors, very few clothing manufacturers, etc. can't blame them though. Tried to buy my buddy a jacket, but no vendors there to sell me one.

Very weak show for a city of 1 million+ people, chatted with a few peeps I haven't seen since last year.....blah blah blah. Same old story.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah the show was pretty small, I worked at the BRP booth for 2 days, 2 long days...not much to see at the show this year IMO, I got a BCA air bag though. Saw most of my riding buddies and customers, that was nice. Lots of people wanted to check out the FReeride andmost really though it was cool when they checked it out in real life. I got to quiz Dan Treadway about alot of stuff, picking his brain about sled set up and riding technique was really cool, he is a really nice guy. Can wait to try my throttle backwards in the trigger position. I also want to go out to the coast to the Pemberton Area and ride for a weekend now, sounds like that area rocks.

How about a Customer Appreciation Pemby ride?

I went to the Edm show and Calgary show...I think this will be the last time I go to the show in Calgary. Picked up the Betties vid for my girlfriend, saw some familar faces and felt as though I should have bought a case of beer instead.

The twins from hotel in Golden were cute~!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be going to Edmonton next year. Was happy to support the club and show the last few years but next year I will just send them a cheque and save myself the time and the parking fee.

Show was 1/2 the size of last year, and I feel terrible for the vendors to fork out the big $$$ for the floor space and have such a poor turnout. No aftermarket vendors, very few clothing manufacturers, etc. can't blame them though. Tried to buy my buddy a jacket, but no vendors there to sell me one.

Very weak show for a city of 1 million+ people, chatted with a few peeps I haven't seen since last year.....blah blah blah. Same old story.

what happened, didn't see you there, could have hoisted a few frosty's:d:beer:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

lets go,, I should have a place for us to crash in Pemby,,,what was Treadway up to at the show? he's good friends with my ski buddies and they say take your sled out there already lol... I want to go it would be sweet....

show was as expected,, kinda small,, and they should have advertised more about Burandt and Rasi,,,, I walked in just after there clinic thingy and it would of been nice to here a bit of it and i am sure they would draw a few peeps.

fawk it I like to sled not walk around shows anyways lol....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lets go,, I should have a place for us to crash in Pemby,,,what was Treadway up to at the show? he's good friends with my ski buddies and they say take your sled out there already lol... I want to go it would be sweet....

show was as expected,, kinda small,, and they should have advertised more about Burandt and Rasi,,,, I walked in just after there clinic thingy and it would of been nice to here a bit of it and i am sure they would draw a few peeps.

damnit tapeworm, get your azz up to the Edmonton show next year....we need to tip back a few of these------->:beer:

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Done, of of my best buddies live in Pemberton too. Treadway is a spoksperson for BRP as he was involved with the Freeride project, he just hung out and answered questions. Turns out he's from Ontairable just like me.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Done, of of my best buddies live in Pemberton too. Treadway is a spoksperson for BRP as he was involved with the Freeride project, he just hung out and answered questions. Turns out he's from Ontairable just like me.

YA Ontario,, born and raised:beer:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what happened, didn't see you there, could have hoisted a few frosty's:d:beer:

took the old lady and the kid out to Arby's and then the sled show, was our big Friday night on the town......:D

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wasn't a big turn out but seemed to be a few there on saturday. definitely not as many as the edmonton show.

Top Bottom