Calgary and Edmonton

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI
I'll start by stating that I luv racing, since a young boy the challenge of competition has driven me, from peddle bikes, pogo sticks, motorbikes, cars, sleds and boats heck even wheel chairs....I'd sltill be racing but my knees and back have long since decided other wise. Oh and I didnt hurt them racing....I still ride bikes of all kinds, quads and horses and the desire to compete is still there......

When the CMRC schedule first appeared there were two extra provincial races listed, Sat June 13 in Calgary and Sat June 20 in Edmonton. For those of you that may not know, CMRC Provincial races are two day races in order to accommodate all the classes. So the question was how were they planning on pulling off a Provincial race in one day. But that was why it was followed by the statement “Modified Schedule”
Well several calls and e-mails later the answers finally came…. No beginners, no Pro-Am’s and no Quads….. go ahead I’ve heard it all before…but there are several quad racers in the province of Alberta and they along with all the other classes that were being cut, deserve the right to be invited…
So now the once one day provincial races are now a regional race’s. Oh the comment that I loved the best was “They (Quads) will never ride on MY pro national tracks” There seems to me to be several counterproductive things happening in this province to discourage young starting out riders both on bikes and quads….for that matter in Canada.
Motocross racing is changing and I don’t believe for the better. It’s a good sport it has a great community and like any sport when it becomes just about profit the sport suffers. I understand the sport needs business to survive but the business also has to have the sport….and were losing the sport.

So what happens in the mean time……

Last edited by a moderator:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I for one will not be pulling my rig to very many of the provincials this year. We will hit a few of our favorites like GP and Slave but thats it. I'm tired of all the BS happening, seems like a soap opera lately at every CMRC event. Instead we are going to be hitting the Hare Scramble circuit this year. Its a little more down to earth and family orientated, great for the youngsters in my opinion.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I for one will not be pulling my rig to very many of the provincials this year. We will hit a few of our favorites like GP and Slave but thats it. I'm tired of all the BS happening, seems like a soap opera lately at every CMRC event. Instead we are going to be hitting the Hare Scramble circuit this year. Its a little more down to earth and family orientated, great for the youngsters in my opinion.

Which series? I want to try out a HS this yr if I can.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have actually been talking about checking them out as well, you can find thier info on the same web site as they get there insurance from the CMRCas well, (ALthough that may all change to, I hope)(Well thats an other rant)

Alberta Dirt Riders Association

Look under hare scrambles, upcoming events theres one May 30 / 31 out by Busby which is NW of St. Albert...

or under the schedule and wade through looking for HS or XS....

Top Bottom