Calgary and area campgrounds

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at going to Calgary near the end of the month for a few days and was hoping to camp. Does anybody know of a camping area close to cowtown that has services (yes water, power,sewer) and hopefully a few trees. Looked at Calaway Park but it is bald azz prarie. Any insight greatly appreciated. Thanks:d

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few in the city limits but they are bald azz with plastics bags growing on chain link fence.....Your best bet is the Bragg Creek area fairly close via Hyw 8.......good quadding area..wooded and beautiful.....about the same travel as Calaway.
Okotoks still has a camground in the middle of town on the river.
Carseland camp ground is in the Bow River valley down river from Calgary,,good fishing and golf course...about 1/2 hr from Cowtown
I think there is still a KOA below the ski hill right in town at the Olympic Park

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few in the city limits but they are bald azz with plastics bags growing on chain link fence.....Your best bet is the Bragg Creek area fairly close via Hyw 8.......good quadding area..wooded and beautiful.....about the same travel as Calaway.
Okotoks still has a camground in the middle of town on the river.
Carseland camp ground is in the Bow River valley down river from Calgary,,good fishing and golf course...about 1/2 hr from Cowtown
I think there is still a KOA below the ski hill right in town at the Olympic Park
Does it mean that you're old if you took ski lessons at Paskapoo?

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That campground in Okotoks is a lions campground and has nice trees, park ect. Oh and trees.

Yes summiteer it does make us..i mean you old ;) LOL

northstar23

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stayed at one in Turner valley or maybe it was Black Diamond , right on the river real nice place.

Top Bottom