Cadomin trails behind the cement plant

graylake

Reaction score
I have done some exploration on the trails behind the cement plant/old mine. I am wondering if those trails keep going all the way to the little mackenzie and past or do they stop short. Was thinking it would be a nice trip to try and do the loop from big gap around to the divide? Thanks. Graylake

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have done some exploration on the trails behind the cement plant/old mine. I am wondering if those trails keep going all the way to the little mackenzie and past or do they stop short. Was thinking it would be a nice trip to try and do the loop from big gap around to the divide? Thanks. Graylake

yes some of those trails hook up t the ,McKenzie trail etc

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have any of these trails on GPS???

Bruce.

no i had a bunch on my iphone (i use that motion xgps app) but slammed hood on my phone out hunting last fall lol lost a bunch of trails. How do u follow a gps anyway? Like when someone sends coordinates to you? Do u just follow the line or is it very detailed?

I'm sure that app shows u all that but i'm not computer geek so i only know certain functions on that mapping program... But i know it has actual gps coordinates and from what i hear it's very accurate .

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
VThis was up on red Mountain a few years ago. It is a little bit of a hairy climb going up especially on old 3 wheelers ha ha.
it is definitely not a family ride that's for sure but when you get up there the views are awesome.

it doesn't bother me to tell anybody about these trails now because we're going to mine them anyway so you might as will get out there and ride them before we dig them all up LOL.

but as always when u get up top where the grass is really thin and it's mostly Rocky just stay on the main trail or right beside it instead of blasting all over the mountain because once you make a scar up there it stays there forever and that seems to piss off the environmentalists and everybody else but in all reality people don't even hike up there because most don't even know about it.

Last edited:

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the powerhouse creek trail that goes around Harris mountain ( the one we're mining) and over to Red Cap Mountain and Cadomin mnt etc...

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That red cap mountain up there from powerhouse creek trail. We are eventually mining that whole valley but really it only destroys one main trail.. Still sucks though...

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cheviot Mountain just off the cardinal River Road right by the trailhead at powerhouse Creek.

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the way up to Red Cap Mountain ran into some sheep hunters that Had gotten a nice ram. It takes about 14 years to get a draw to be able to hunt up in this range.

on the way back down we gave them a ride to the trucks and they were pretty happy about that.
they had walked for miles and miles

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This was in the Red Cap meadows. We were on a 3 day pack trip. Left from the mine and went all the way to Ruby Falls first night. Camped there then headed over to South Esk camped out there then back home over the Divide to the trucks...awesome trip.

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is right at the very peak of Harris mountain. The only cell phone service in the land lol...

we r mining right below

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great pics, me and my family love that area, I wish that we started exploring it years sooner though.

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great pics, me and my family love that area, I wish that we started exploring it years sooner though.

Ya i know it well but there are still trails i haven't done n trails i want to open.. The more trails the less overall impact is way i see it. I wish we could ride all these trails and then have it so they ride into towns like cadomin and Robb etc.. Like the states have. Would bring in business to the small towns and Alberta economy...we have bazillions of trails in this area that never even get used... I'm thinking we need to make a cadomin to nordegg trail....maybe that'll be this summers project...i'll get to pretend i'm David Thompson.... Finding a route to Nordegg! Lol

Top Bottom