Cadomin or Swan Hills

boiler146

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Day Folks

I spend most of my time in the BigHorn area southwest. Was planning a trip for Cadomin or Swan hills for late August early September. I grew up in the Swan Hills area but havent been back for long time. Swan Hills has always had good ATV and camping areas BUT... I have never been in the Cadomin area ever. So explore new passages or revisit old. Any good camping areas or trails for the two above areas would be a plus.

I rarely camp in a campground so prefered suggested open area for camping.

Gimme a creek and generator and I can camp just about anywhere ... ah ... near a creek or a generator.

TY Too Many Toys

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the Swan Hills area i found the Trapper Lee's area to be nice (good little spot to camp by the creek just south of Trapper Lee's campground). From that area you can ride into the center of Alberta, kind of neat to say you've been there.
The Cadomin area, i really enjoyed the area from the great divide east to the Grave flats area. Very nice creek to random camp in many spots along there. Ride up to the Cardinal headwaters, and also up to Ruby falls, very scenic.
Pack some warm clothes as you go up in that area, can get very cold even on warm days as you go higher.
Enjoy the ride & don't forget the camera.

Hadster

Top Bottom