Cable Locks, chains, etc. Do they work?

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
biggest problem I see in locking stuff up is, where is the next weakest link in the chain so to speak.

you get a chain that is hard to cut, then you need n equivalent lock, then you need to look at what it is all locked to on trailer or sled/quad. then how trailer is hood to tow vehicle, then how secure tow vehicle is. may easier to jut shoot the thief or not have anything they want to steal.

the weakest link in that chain would be your hitch, however, I don't trust to all this cheap locks which made in China.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not tried bolt cutters but the guy that sold the chain to me basically guaranteed they can't be cut with bolt cutters and only a cutting torch works or a diamond cutter that would take forever. Cant remember the brand of the lock. When I go out I will take a pic of it.

Just curious if you have tested one of the end links? Would bolt cutters go through it? What padlock are you using with it? The locks seem to be the easiest thing to cut much of the time.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Here is a picture of what I use. The big pad lock XENA) is stainless with a 5/8" shackle with a built in motion alarm. The ONGUARD chain and lock is made of non-grindable steel (whatever that is ????). Bolt cutters won't cut it. Chain is 6' long and I wrap it around the spindles and attach with the big lock. Always park the back of the truck to the window of the motel and sleep with window open. Ordered through Blackfoot Motorsports.

IMG_3487.jpg
XENA Security Disc Locks, Alarms and Accessories for Motorcycles and Scooters

OnGuard Locks

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom