C3 Powersports Syncro Drive Is It Worth It???

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just trying to solicit an opinion on the C3 Syncro Drive for an 2011 800 Etec Summit; Is it worth spending the money on?

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As a replacement on a Polaris I think its a no brainer for gear reduction or at least one of the gear reduction suppliers out there. As far as better then a chain case I'm not so sure.

only advice I got on the subject.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a used sled with one on it. Broke the belt in half the first ride out so I took it off and sold it. Cant say I noticed any difference in performance. Im a big guy and like to really hammer through the moguls on the trail. I dont think these are designed to hold up to that.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a used sled with one on it. Broke the belt in half the first ride out so I took it off and sold it. Cant say I noticed any difference in performance. Im a big guy and like to really hammer through the moguls on the trail. I dont think these are designed to hold up to that.

I know from trial and error and after three broken belts that the Sheaves expand A LOT. I had to run the sled down the trail a bit and stop and measure deflection. I found that when cold the belt seems way to loose. 3/8-1/2 defection. I run their belt system on my turbo at 10lbs and have never stripped cogs like I have with a Polaris Belt.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are open to other options I have several TKI Ski-Doo kits in stock. Pm me if you want a good deal.

Chris

treeboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have over 25000 km's on my c3 belt drive on my 860 mod sled. Got it after blowing up two case an a few chains. It was more for piece of mind, rather blow a belt than another chain case again or bending another drive axle. And yes it was set up right, both myself an my mechanic think it was just a bad bunch of chains.
To date I've only blown 2 belts on the belt drive my fault getting on the power too early for hit big senders.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the release of doos t3 lightweight gearing I'm unsure if a belt drive is worth it any longer. I owned a Tki and it ran flawless for me, but it's a lot of money.

The belt tension and break in is critical with a belt drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom