C3 or TKI

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any input which would be the better drive system ?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are both great kits! Just check pricing due to the dollar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bentwrench

Reaction score
I,ve got the tki and it has worked flawlessly but the fit and finish of this product is something they greatly need to improve, I was checking out the new c3 products at Riderz and it is leaps and bounds better than tki, I've been running belt since 13 and love it

Ruralcowboy

Reaction score
I don't know which belt drive is best, but I've dealt with Warren & Kevin at C3 and they are great to deal with. I would not hesitate to buy another C3 product, good service can make all the difference. I also buy Canadian when possible.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I sell the TKI so I am biased but here is the big differences that I know about.

TKi uses Gates belts and the product is machined in Billings Montana.
Both Tom and I are working hard to ensure top notch customer service on both sides of the border.
The TKI kit has a different tensioner design than the C3 and this is the biggest obvious design difference, Tom's has the tensioner arm extending under the belt for best stability while C3's sits above the belt. This make C3's gears sit more flush but the TKI design is my preference.
I'm sure Kevin at C3 would agree that both kits are nice.

Chris

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I upgraded my Avid D&R chaincase on my 2012 with a C3 belt drive and love it! Easy to install, no blown belts and it free'd up some rotating mass. Picked up about 200-250rpm over the chain. Higgins.

Ruralcowboy

Reaction score
No disrespect Chis, but C3 sells Gates and Mitsubishi also. In the research I did before I bought a belt the reviews were 50/50 on which was better. As for the tensioner goes all of the vehicles I 've owned had the tensioner under the belt and the only problem I've had on them was if the tensioner bearing failed. I'm not am engineer, but as long as it works I'm happy

Kenny_h2o

Reaction score
Loving the input id like some more, still on the fence. Price is the deciding factor right now for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive read a ton of different threads on the belt drives and Im still undecided. If they were 4-500 I would do one, but for the price of them I just cant justify it. Some guys say there are gains, some guys say no. For 900-1000 there should be a very noticeable gain IMHO.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I sell the TKI so I am biased but here is the big differences that I know about.

TKi uses Gates belts and the product is machined in Billings Montana.
Both Tom and I are working hard to ensure top notch customer service on both sides of the border.
The TKI kit has a different tensioner design than the C3 and this is the biggest obvious design difference, Tom's has the tensioner arm extending under the belt for best stability while C3's sits above the belt. This make C3's gears sit more flush but the TKI design is my preference.
I'm sure Kevin at C3 would agree that both kits are nice.

Chris

Can u pm me what a price shipped would be on a complete system for a 14 BDX 800. ?

Canadian Snow

Reaction score
Ran a C3 belt drive on my T3 last winter great setup and great to deal with. For me it was an easy decision, buy local and the price. Both C3 and TKI kits achieve the same goal and are top quality.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No disrespect Chis, but C3 sells Gates and Mitsubishi also. In the research I did before I bought a belt the reviews were 50/50 on which was better. As for the tensioner goes all of the vehicles I 've owned had the tensioner under the belt and the only problem I've had on them was if the tensioner bearing failed. I'm not am engineer, but as long as it works I'm happy

I meant TKI only uses Gates Poly Chain due to preference.

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will second what everyone has said...both are great kits. Having sold and ran both, neither are better. I will comment on the price and what you get. IMO it is THE best mod out there. It's actually my go to mod now over everything. From the sled being more responsive with propulsion to the sheer cleanliness of it. I have taken out chains that take out cases leaving you hooped. Never again. I will never run a sled without one again.

Top Bottom