C3 belt drive vs tki what would you reccomend?

sswyers

Reaction score
I can get both kits for the same price what kit would you reccomend and what gear ratio? I'm think a 2.42 for my summit 146. I did so much reading and really can't make up my mind.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMHO, save your money. It adds a cool factor but that is about it. Added a C3 that I got used for a good deal last year to my FR 146 last year. Made no difference other than being paranoid about the belts. If you must buy one go with C3 as they are Canadian and Kevin is great to deal with when I bought a spare belt and second gear. I'll check what I'm running on mine for gearing, the gear that came with the kit was too low and I went with a taller top gear.

Last edited:

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Initially started with 2.52 and then went to 2.33. If you can find one used for a good deal go that route. 2.33 is what the FR came with stock. I've moved the belt drive over to my summit and will try the 2.52 on the 154.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Initially started with 2.52 and then went to 2.33. If you can find one used for a good deal go that route. 2.33 is what the FR came with stock. I've moved the belt drive over to my summit and will try the 2.52 on the 154.

I have the TKI. It's been great and IMO go with whichever one is cheaper based on the dollar. Both are similar and both seem to give owners very few problems. I haven't had much experience with C3, but TKI has been great to deal with and very helpful with questions. I have a 154 SP and went with a 2.42 ratio and it's worked well in all conditions over the past two years.

Top Bottom