Buying a sled with poor credit

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Something I learned all by myself; back in the day of making the big bucks. I had an Avion card. Annual fee was something like $120. We used all the free points to fly to NS and Newfound Land, hotels, and car rentals were on card as well. There was no deal. We could have flown cheaper, stayed cheaper, and rented cars cheaper all with cash. We paid big bucks on annual fees only to realize years later that those fees actually paid for the holiday and it wasn't cheap.

I have just the basic credit card these days with the same amount of credit and it doesn't cost anything. Pay off every month with no interest.

The line I liked the best out of these 8 pages was where someone basically said, "the younger generation buys things on the affordability of monthly payments!" What a way to live...................maxed out all the time and no light at the end of the tunnel.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I won't debate your 60% number, but it doesn't take much discipline. if you get paid 2500 every 2 weeks and your bills and payments are $1000 then you can safely put $1500 (hopefully a little less) on the card. When the statement comes you wipe it out and start over. Most people I know do this. Debit cards cost a fee to use 100 times a month. Credit cards are interest free for 30 days and pay you a little use them. A lot of people who are smart with their money think that they are some kind of financial unicorn. in reality most people are closer to being cheapskates than reckless spenders.

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
edit - i am sick and grumpy and could not figure out how to delete a post

Last edited:

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your looking for a cheaper sled i have an 08 summit w/872BB brand new engine like 3 km on it ATM been thinking about selling it since i ordered a 850x
looking to get around 6300 obo may seem like lots for an 08 but lots of add ons and new engine cost me $1500 has skins running boards dynamo joe cluctch kit (also has two clutches one set up for mountains and one for flat land) newer 146/2.5 camo extreme track, Npp meg can , pod air filters to delete the ****ty stock intake, metal melisha bars and rsi riser
PM me if ur interested

Top Bottom