Buying a sled with poor credit

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remember after you buy the sled it will be expensive to operate a weekend in the mountains can cost as high as 500 dollars then there is the break downs and repairs I have hit things riding and have cost 1000 to repair

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Young had no credit a few cell phone problems I have been busting my but to get my credit clean I bought a new car two years ago at 30 % interest after had that for a year traded it in got down to 18 % I know they are hight but I am trying I have paid off some old bills just three left

Then now is NOT the time to add a new risky loan . Pay off the last 3 if & when you can...I get it that that is not fun .
Trust me ,if you can rebuild your credit rating , you will benefit dozens of times over..
If you crash / break / or fail to pay on the new sled and default , you are in for a long , hard struggle ... X10
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Young had no credit a few cell phone problems I have been busting my but to get my credit clean I bought a new car two years ago at 30 % interest after had that for a year traded it in got down to 18 % I know they are hight but I am trying I have paid off some old bills just three left

pm me your address and I am going to give you a book - Dave Ramsey - Total Money Makeover. It will change your life if you let it.

here is his advice on your situation

1) sell whatever you have to and put away a $1,000 emergency fund. When you are broke, emergencies happen every 2nd month and having that $1,000 available will be a Godsend

2) start paying off your bills, smallest to largest. You only have a few left so this should be simple. Sell your new car if you have to and get a beater. You can't afford a new car so quit trying to be something you are not

3) when your debts are paid off, put together a real emergency fund which is 3-6 months living expenses. This is for when you lose your job or get sick/injured

4) start saving 15% of your after tax income for retirement. In a separate fund, start saving for a house if that is part of your future. Only when you have reached this point do you even think about buying toys. You pay cash for toys or any depreciating asset like a car. That is the difference between rich people and poor people - rich people spend their money on things that go up in value, poor people spend their money on things that go down. Don't be dumb.

5) start figuring out a way to give back part of your money.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

How long has it been? If you dont pay your bills back after 7 years they don't show up on your credit score any more. If it has been 5 years or so might be better off not to pay. If you make even one payment on it, it will be 7 years from that date though.

Last edited:

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
My last two cents..... People ALWAYS forget.... Or never think of...

Getting into mountain sledding.....

The sled is the easy part..... Say you get a sled for ten grand. Everyone keeps forgetting about your GEAR!
Equipping your sled properly...And yourself properly.

Say just to start... A beacon, Pants, Jacket, helmet, goggles, probe, shovel, mid/base layers, gloves, boots.. etc..etc..etc... And thats WITHOUT any AST training...
You are looking at $2000+ without adding ANYTHING to the sled..... AFTER you get the sled. Sledding is SUPER expensive sport to get into once you start mountain sledding.... And its not something you want to half ass... Ive seen so many people get a wicked fancy sled for thier "girlfriend" or whatever... And then totally chince out on gear. "her snowboard stuff will do".... And big surprise they totally hated it.

Im just saying keep it in the back of your mind... Be prepared to shell out 15-20% above and beyond your sled purchase. The days of jumping on a sled with no gear with safety glasses and a one piece are over.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah bud get those final bills cleaned up this winter. In the mean time rent a sled for a couple weekends to scratch the itch and line it up with big storm cycles to get the most for your money. Buy a sled next year.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How long has it been? If you dont pay your bills back after 7 years they don't show up on your credit score any more. If it has been 5 years or so might be better off not to pay. If you make even one payment on it, it will be 7 years from that date though.
Unpaid bills will not fall off your credit bureau after 7 years. I have been lending for 20 years and they will only fall off after they have been paid and 7 years after that date.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with lil duke. Just don't pay! and those credit cards.. max them out then throw them in the lake.. They can't trace this S**T. haha.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unpaid bills will not fall off your credit bureau after 7 years. I have been lending for 20 years and they will only fall off after they have been paid and 7 years after that date.

Well I had a 50000$ LIC and 10000$ credit card dept that I never paid back and its no longer on my credit score and now my credit is wicked again. So don't really think you know what you're talking about, but ok sure.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I had a 50000$ LIC and 10000$ credit card dept that I never paid back and its no longer on my credit score and now my credit is wicked again. So don't really think you know what you're talking about, but ok sure.
If it was under a bankruptcy or orderly payment of debt it will fall off but generally any debt just walked away from will not just disappear. But thanks for your compliment about not knowing anything. Your awesome.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it was under a bankruptcy or orderly payment of debt it will fall off but generally any debt just walked away from will not just disappear. But thanks for your compliment about not knowing anything. Your awesome.

No, I didn't declare bankruptcy I just didn't pay. So again sorry, but you just don't know what you are talking about.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that's just great ... Let's just not pay for anything anymore ....WTF

What ever, I was in that situation and that's what I did and it worked. Just letting the guy know his options.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What ever, I was in that situation and that's what I did and it worked. Just letting the guy know his options.

Something not right in your explanation, because it isn't factual, so Whatever. And really dangerous for anyone who believes this is correct.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something not right in your explanation, because it isn't factual, so Whatever. And really dangerous for anyone who believes this is correct.

Yep whatever bud. I don't care what the guy does to be honest.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's a matter of wether you care or do not ...
I just hate to see a young guy ruin his life over a stupid decision. I think the older more mature members on here should offer sound advice anyways...wether he chooses to listen is up to him.
I don't consider not paying for something you are obligated to pay for ... Good advice !

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's a matter of wether you care or do not ...
I just hate to see a young guy ruin his life over a stupid decision. I think the older more mature members on here should offer sound advice anyways...wether he chooses to listen is up to him.
I don't consider not paying for something you are obligated to pay for ... Good advice !

Works for Trump....

Top Bottom