Buying a bc sled.........registration question,Please Help!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If I buy a sled that has been insured but not registered in Alberta for the last two years, The sled was last registered in BC, If I want to register it here do I need a out of province inspection even if it's a off-road vehicle (sled)? Please Help!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Call your insurance company tomorrow, they should be able to answer your question?

hevy_chevy67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I moved to AB from SK, all I provided the registries office was my bill of sale and my AB insurance and I was good to go. They didn't need to see the sled or have any inspection done.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't need an out of province as it is an off road vehicle. Any thing street legal will need one.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a boat in BC and brought it home to Alberta. Year later I got a bill from BC for the PST. I assume this new law applies to all motorized vehicles.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a boat in BC and brought it home to Alberta. Year later I got a bill from BC for the PST. I assume this new law applies to all motorized vehicles.
There is a form that you can get to get PST back if you buy something in BC but live in Alberta to get the tax back. Fill that out and send it in with the unsigned cheque for the PST. See what they do.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

How does that work? I've heard of guys from here driving to Dawson Creek to buy new trucks because they can get a better price, the dealer would never be able to compete if they had to charge PST to Alberta customers.

I know this is a BC cash grab, but what happens if an Alberta resident doesn't pay the tax bill?

Edit: Never mind, answered up there. ^^^

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your guys replies,................oh it feels exciting to finally after all these years of riding I finally get to give being BOOSTED a shot.Was thinking there would be issues if I had to have a Turbo inspected.:cool:

Top Bottom