Busy long weekend for Stars Air Ambulance.

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im a sledder and a quader but after reading about all these accidents and how many times the chopper had to fly out in one weekend it makes me wonder about the snowmobile and avalanche situation. people complaining about having to pay for their rescue. is this not the same thing? but worse as its alchaol fueled?

I agree!!Theres idoits in every walk of life

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quads should stay on privately owned property or permission to ride on private property. The environmental damage in the muskeg and wetlands is unbelievable. JMO
and where the he!! do you ride..keep yer dam sled in grandpa's field.imo..guess i wont be seeing you on the trails!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My frustration is the media 45 calls - 8 ATV related = 37 non ATV related

Why are we the bad guys

a million cars on the road 37 calls, 15000 quads (maybe) in the bush 8 calls,
that's why quads are in the spotlight....

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
im a sledder and a quader but after reading about all these accidents and how many times the chopper had to fly out in one weekend it makes me wonder about the snowmobile and avalanche situation. people complaining about having to pay for their rescue. is this not the same thing? but worse as its alchaol fueled?

The same brother in law also said that sledders who have had to be flown out are also abusing alcohol while riding, it is not just quadders.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was strictly speaking about mountain sledders. i was implying that i dont think alchahol and avalanches are as directly related as alchahol and atv accidents

but thats a whole new can of worms!!!!

Zipp

Reaction score
More bad press:

http://www.630ched.com/Blogs/BobLaytonsBlog/Home.aspx

The usual: "....the irresponsible people show up with their noisy bikes and quads and with no respect for the environment, wildlife, private property or each other. He says they tear drunkenly up and down the roads at excessive speeds even in residential areas. " ect. ect.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More bad press:

http://www.630ched.com/Blogs/BobLaytonsBlog/Home.aspx

The usual: "....the irresponsible people show up with their noisy bikes and quads and with no respect for the environment, wildlife, private property or each other. He says they tear drunkenly up and down the roads at excessive speeds even in residential areas. " ect. ect.

Those are the people that get noticed. Just like driving down the road, you don't remember the drivers that don't piss you off.

Last edited:

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was down at Mclean creek for the weekend with my family and seen first hand what the drunken fools did and am appreciative for all the hardwork that was done by the various law enforcement groups. To everyone who got ticketed, lost your licences had your vehicles towed due to impaired driving YOU DESERVED IT!!! The garbage that was left behind is pure ignorance especially when you could ask anyone for a garbage bag and there were big bins for you to put your garbage into. On the upside my kids are going to college with the amount of beer cans that we picked up over the course of the weekend.:realmad:

Top Bottom