Busy long weekend for Stars Air Ambulance.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Stars was out this weekend to various injuries, including a man who rolled his ATV and fell 100 feet off a cliff. There were 8 reported ATV rollovers within a two hour period on Saturday evening. There were also several car accidents.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stars was out this weekend to various injuries, including a man who rolled his ATV and fell 100 feet off a cliff. There were 8 reported ATV rollovers within a two hour period on Saturday evening. There were also several car accidents.

people people people. when will we learn. slow down and smell the flowers. think about what it is you are doing and don't take any unnecessary risks.

Stars usually mean some serious hurt. my prayers and best wishes to those involved.

Black08Brute

Reaction score
Also Stars flew a 15 year old boy out of Roche lake (30 km east of swan hills)

Bear entered a tent and mauled him. News said he was in stable condition at the stollery.

grizzley1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes we were on our way home from cowlake and the flippen morons on the hwys, there would be a row of 10 campers and some sonofab%tch just has to pass. there was on comeing trafffic so everyone was moveing the hell out of the way. it was so uncalled for ,have some patients people like come on.

nursepwdr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These reports never surprise me, it's like as soon as the weather is warmer , people lose their minds and their common sense .........The comment jeepchic made about the helmets, come on people, save some of the little brains some have left and wear a helmet!!!There is nothing worse than seeing all these senseless accidents. Lets ride safe and stay alive to do it for many years to come!!

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Brother in law flies STARS chopper and he told me most quad accidents are alcohol based, no helmets and stupidity. Those losers can't be on this site I hope. Gives the sport a very bad reputation in the eyes of the general public. BE SMART out there.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Brother in law flies STARS chopper and he told me most quad accidents are alcohol based, no helmets and stupidity. Those losers can't be on this site I hope. Gives the sport a very bad reputation in the eyes of the general public. BE SMART out there.

AND if you have newbies in your group PLEASE ride their machine across the rough/tough/difficult area's. Better to be safe than sorry.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
We were at the big horn damsite, were headed back down from the mountain and heard from another group that there were firetrucks and ambulances etc at the dam itself, they were gone by the time we got back there.

Next day we were playing in the sand down by the damn jumping and one if the guys flipped his renegade on landing so he too got to go to hospital. Not 1 hour after the guys left driving him to hospital another ambulance was there picking someone else up.

The number of people I saw driving around without helmets, with kids on the quad with them, WITHOUT HELMETS, made me sick. I can't believe how many people still aren't wearing helmets and aren't putting helmets on their kids.

I survived the weekend only getting tossed off sideways once. However I learnt that Cats don't like water.... even Arctic Ones.....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im a sledder and a quader but after reading about all these accidents and how many times the chopper had to fly out in one weekend it makes me wonder about the snowmobile and avalanche situation. people complaining about having to pay for their rescue. is this not the same thing? but worse as its alchaol fueled?

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[The number of people I saw driving around without helmets, with kids on the quad with them, WITHOUT HELMETS, made me sick. I can't believe how many people still aren't wearing helmets and aren't putting helmets on their kids.

I survived the weekend only getting tossed off sideways once. However I learnt that Cats don't like water.... even Arctic Ones.....[/QUOTE]

its hard to imagine, the golden rule- PROTECT YOUR MOST VALUABLE ASSET YOU CAN LIVE WITH A BROKEN ARM BUT NOT A BROKEN HEAD, PS YOU ONLY HAVE ONE,, AND ANYONE DRIVING WITH OUT A HELMET ON THERE KIDS SHOULD BE HORSEWHIPPED...

NO HELMET NO BRAIN. LETS GET SOME STICKERS MADE UP

SNOW & MUD SUPPORTS ATV SAFETY WEAR YOUR HELMET.....

T

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Quads should stay on privately owned property or permission to ride on private property. The environmental damage in the muskeg and wetlands is unbelievable. JMO

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My frustration is the media 45 calls - 8 ATV related = 37 non ATV related

Why are we the bad guys

Top Bottom