Busted front fenders

Brent Smith

Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem with the front fenders splitting near where your knees are.Me and a friend have 2006 750i and both had the same problem.:DWould also appreciate any advise on how to fix issue.

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many miles to you have and what kind of riding have you been doing.
I have 1000km's on my 2006 750i with no isues like you said also know of another one the same year and milage no issues period!

Brent Smith

Reaction score
Just normal trail and cutline riding with the ocasional muskeg trip but nothing to serious that the fender should start splitting apart. My friend with same issue just had a stick kick up and crack his. We have roughley about the same kms about 1300. Other than the fenders there isn't anything else on the market I would buy it is a awesome machine.

mercifulme

Reaction score
I busted the plastic in the same place on my grizzly in a big mud pit. I used some .03 thick sheet metal on the inside of the plastic and riveted it on either side of where it cracked. all that is visible are the rivit heads and it seems to stand up to some abuse and will at least stop the tear from getting any worse.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened on my brothers '06 cat... the fenders stick out past the width of the front wheels/tires and sometimes you catch a stump or heavy branch that can grab the fender and crack it. That's what happened on his anyways.

twinpeaks3

Reaction score
I used thick plastick and poprivets with backing washers on my Twinpeaks. Cold weather is brutal on plastic if you try and flex it but I'll live with a little carnage so I can ride all winter.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on the brutes, if you remove the bolt, that connects the black plactice to the the colored plastic with a pop rivits, its supose to help alot cause when sticks catch you plastic its got no give and just cracks it, buddys brute got a big crack in the fender now cause he caught a stick.....

KDX MIKE

Reaction score
IF YOU REMOVE YOUR FENDERS TAKE THEM TO PADDLE PLASTICSIN MEYERTHORPE AND TALK TO RUSS HE CAN PLASTIC WELD THEM LIKE NEW BUT IT WONT STOP THEM FROM CRACKING AGAIN.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I read about this before and the cure was running board stiffiners. When you have it buried the weight is on the running boards causing the front fenders to kink upwards and from doing this time after time then tend to get stress cracks, you will see plastic color change in the tweaked parts but if they are SE ones they are prolly painted and wouldn't see it

Top Bottom