Burandt boo boo!

catsass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rules are rules. Abide by them or don't play. Simple to understand.It doesn't matter who you think you are !!

nathan#19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So was the conviction from the 2010 and 2011 violations, or somthing that is new ? Th article is unclear.

joebrokeit

Reaction score
I think when someone is more worried about profit than about being legit they deserve what they get. I think in this case he got off way easy. Big government sucks but play by the rules no matter who you think you are. I hope his business take a hit. Don't wish him failure just a slap in the wallet from his customer base cuz that'll let him realize his mistake ten fold over government fines. When you represent something (wanted or not) you need to be top notch not just flashy. imo

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So was the conviction from the 2010 and 2011 violations, or somthing that is new ? Th article is unclear.

Sounds like he was issued a notice in 2010 (1st offence - slap on the wrist) and then caught and formally charged in 2011. It would have taken them about 2.5-3 yrs to process the paperwork so that's about right. He plead guilty so that means he likely avoided larger fines and penalties (the courts like it when defendants plead out as its saves the judicial process time and government legal fees).

3 sides to every story - but at the end of the day its a blow to our sport as these guys are industry recognized, looked up to, and should lead by example.

LOL - I just pulled this from the BBA website (see highlight). Wonder if the package price will now include it?

Full-Day & Multi-Day Adventures
Sled rental (if needed) - $325 per day, per person
Guided adventure - *$350 per day, per person,
Luxury accommodations, including breakfast, lunch and dinner - $225 per night, per person

*Prices do not include National Forest Service fees.
YOU MUST BE 16 TO OPERATE A SNOWMOBILE. ALL SLED RENTALS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A GUIDE.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy crap, remind me not to go there for a guided ride

That's 2 months of sled fuel for every weekend day and years trail pass for 1 day there ....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure a lot of these big name riders charge that kind of coin for their services. Anybody ever rode with Rasmussen or Chris Brown? What do they charge?

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same thing happens in Revy.. Lined up a guide thru local rental shop this spring for 3 days guiding.. Hired a guide b/c I was taking clients of mine and didn't want to have to deal with guiding, stucks, fire at the cabin etc.. We could all just ride for the day..

Day 1 all good, had a great day or riding.
Day 2 got down at end of day. CO sitting in the parking lot as we pulled up. Came straight over to us.. Asked the "guide" a bunch of questions and we kept hearing him tell the CO's we're a bunch of buddies just out riding for a couple days.. They keep talking and "just buddies, just buddies".. CO comes over to myself and the group and starts asking us questions and letting us know about tenure on the land and we have to use a tenured guide to ride these areas.. News to us as I've never used a guide b4, always had my dad and his buddies to guide us.
Turns out a local who saw us out with our so called guide the day b4 recorded a conversation on his iPhone with one of my riding partners at the fuel stop in the morning, called the CO and played the recording for him.. Boulder, Frisbee are Glacier house Tenure.

Long story short.. I got put in a bad spot with my clients by a shady guide, still wanted to get paid after being warned by CO it's a $2k fine and confiscate your sled.
Confronted guy who recorded my buddy at the pumps and he explained his side of story which I totally understand now how tenure works and understand why he was upset as it costs them money to run a legit guiding business.. Pissed me off he recorded us w/out saying anything so went at him pretty hard..

All in all ****ty experience b/c of our guide not being up front with us. We will make sure to ask more questions if there is ever a next time when we use a guide..

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, but have been looking into quiding

But am reading into how jeeps go farther than sxs's, quite a read I must say

Last edited:

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Same thing happens in Revy.. Lined up a guide thru local rental shop this spring for 3 days guiding.. Hired a guide b/c I was taking clients of mine and didn't want to have to deal with guiding, stucks, fire at the cabin etc.. We could all just ride for the day..

Day 2 got down at end of day. CO sitting in the parking lot as we pulled up. Came straight over to us.. Asked the "guide" a bunch of questions and we kept hearing him tell the CO's we're a bunch of buddies just out riding for a couple days.. They keep talking and "just buddies, just buddies".. CO comes over to myself and the group and starts asking us questions and letting us know about tenure on the land and we have to use a tenured guide to ride these areas.. News to us as I've never used a guide b4, always had my dad and his buddies to guide us.
Turns out a local who saw us out with our so called guide the day b4 recorded a conversation on his iPhone with one of my riding partners at the fuel stop in the morning, called the CO and played the recording for him.. Boulder, Frisbee are Glacier house Tenure.

Long story short.. I got put in a bad spot with my clients by a shady guide, still wanted to get paid after being warned by CO it's a $2k fine and confiscate your sled.
Confronted guy who recorded my buddy at the pumps and he explained his side of story which I totally understand now how tenure works and understand why he was upset as it costs them money to run a legit guiding business.. Pissed me off he recorded us w/out saying anything so went at him pretty hard..

All in all ****ty experience b/c of our guide not being up front with us. We will make sure to ask more questions if there is ever a next time when we use a guide..

Good info.......thanks
It happens more in BC than we all know. Several "guides" do not have any Tenure to operate on and are Renegades........ask the questions before you pay for services. You will be surprised who is legal and who is not.

Days are getting shorter :)
Cheers
RS

Last edited by a moderator:

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't it illegal to record any conversation without a warrant or explicit consent?

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

All in all ****ty experience b/c of our guide not being up front with us. We will make sure to ask more questions if there is ever a next time when we use a guide..[/QUOTE

Good info.......thanks
It happens more in BC than we all know. Several "guides" do not have any Tenure to operate on and are Renegades........ask the questions before you pay for services. You will be surprised who is legal and who is not.

Days are getting shorter :)
Cheers
RS
some of the renegades actually have the balls to attack the legit guys

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So just curious - what does it cost for a guide to have tenure of a certain riding area ?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, but have been looking into quiding

But am reading into how jeeps go farther than sxs's, quite a read I must say

was that a picture book or a see jeff get stuck in jeep story book? lol

hey bring out the ol chevy, it is the best, should be better in any jeep, should be fun.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was that a picture book or a see jeff get stuck in jeep story book? lol

hey bring out the ol chevy, i is the best, should be better in any jeep, should be fun.
U no what Larry, bout had enough flap trap from ya

I'm not scared to go sledding if it snowed , or rained or whatever , even if it's cold or the avy conditions are not good

But ur just plain chicken sh!t...... after riding 2700 mountain km in one year, u have to ride where the conditions dictate, I know alot more than I did in many ways, I even though I knew the areas I ride... Not even close... spent all last year riding, mapping , getting to know the areas in good and bad weather... Just so I know I can get us out

U keep flapping crap, thought mabe the po po and sxs would smarten ya,

Guess not so much

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U no what Larry, bout had enough flap trap from ya

I'm not scared to go sledding if it snowed , or rained or whatever , even if it's cold or the avy conditions are not good

But ur just plain chicken sh!t...... after riding 2700 mountain km in one year, u have to ride where the conditions dictate, I know alot more than I did in many ways, I even though I knew the areas I ride... Not even close... spent all last year riding, mapping , getting to know the areas in good and bad weather... Just so I know I can get us out

U keep flapping crap, thought mabe the po po and sxs would smarten ya,

Guess not so much

you need a tissue?

just responding to your jibber jabs. i don't need you to get me anywhere seem to be able to find my way hehe, SxS rules tex ya need to read a book once in a while.

besides i have given ya lots of opportunity to let it go, you just don't take a hint. just keep beakin.

so far a real good quadding summer. have fun sledding, lol

you going to boycot posting now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom