Brute lift kit for under $20

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, question....

I purchased a snorkel kit from snorkelyouratv.com and the instructions on the last page was a step by step on how to lift a brute force 1.5" with I think it was copper fittings the slide down the shock and sit on the adjustment seat.....(not sure I worded that right)...suppose to be the "puck method" for under $20... Just have to figure out how to compress the springs after.

Basically I am wondering if anyone has done this, is there are any pros or cons....I guess there would be more bend on the boots...is that so bad?

jgonie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have springs spacers and have not had any probs just gets the sag out of the springs and i also have a 2 inch lift

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have springs spacers and have not had any probs just gets the sag out of the springs and i also have a 2 inch lift

How did you compress the springs to get them back installed after??

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How did you compress the springs to get them back installed after??

when I installed my preload adjusters on the front of my sportsman I just used 4 rachet straps and it was fine. just use extra caution and it will work good. feed them through the coils on the spring and ratchet them evenly. Then when you release them just release them slowly (dont just release the lever and let the spring expand on its own.)

The dealer told me the spring compressor is a pain in the arse to use so they just told me to go this route.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a spring compressor and it works awesome actually. Just need to use the safety bracket or you explode your hand like I did. Oh and the wisers didn't make me much wiser might have had something to do with it.

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when I installed my preload adjusters on the front of my sportsman I just used 4 rachet straps and it was fine. just use extra caution and it will work good. feed them through the coils on the spring and ratchet them evenly. Then when you release them just release them slowly (dont just release the lever and let the spring expand on its own.)

The dealer told me the spring compressor is a pain in the arse to use so they just told me to go this route.

Good idea, thanks!!:beer:

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a spring compressor and it works awesome actually. Just need to use the safety bracket or you explode your hand like I did. Oh and the wisers didn't make me much wiser might have had something to do with it.

I guess the wisers might help with the pain....for a while!!

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we build a kit for the pre load adjuster lift & install it for $ 100 or will sell you the kit for $ 58 checkout the brute force on our website to see how they look. rockyperformancemachines.com

Hmmmm.....how much to ship to Fort Saskatchewan? Not sure when ill be in Hinton next. Thanks

Top Bottom