Bruderhiem and Trucks

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
What is the difference anymore, some of the new SxS's have as big a footprint and bigger tires than a lot of the jeeps/trucks

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the difference anymore, some of the new SxS's have as big a footprint and bigger tires than a lot of the jeeps/trucks

True, which is why i personally think the maverick is way to big for around here, glamis sure but most trails around here were cut for quads and even the smaller sxs's barely fit.

ABOMB177

Reaction score
The army has been using their trucks out there for years. I have started to notice a increase in jeeps out there but it is a multi-use area so have at it

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good the more out there the better it's easier to justify more riding areas

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It s turning into a **** hole. Mark my words it will be shut down in a few years because of the abuse that is getting worse and worse. You could ride dirt bike anywhere there. Now a built quad is needed to get into 80% of the area. The other 20% is un passable when it is a little wet.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They tried to shut it down years ago when that kid died. I have noticed an increase of beer cans and garbage on the trail along with the onslaught of trucks, coincidence?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
The in-laws own the last place on the right as you head down towards the scout camp & staging area. the locals have had their complaints for years and I get it. it's the 20% that ruin it for the majority. Guys rip up and down the road at mach chicken wrong side of the road over blind hills, leave unattended fires burning, rip around with aftermarket exhaust until the wee hours, leave behind all their garbage etc etc...

But I can't say anything because back when I lived in Lamont before they were my in-laws I was camping and midnight cruising down there, but there were a lot less of us on stock machines and we cleaned up after ourselves

cementfist27

Reaction score
This is a lose-lose situation. Half of us want a clean and untouched place to ride which requires law enforcement to patrol the area, and half of us want a free for all and to be left alone. It's unfortunate that people don't respect public use areas when it comes to garbage, noise etc...I do think that the good people outweigh the bad though. I am a Maverick owner and it's built for mud...I also respect where I ride and have no intention of tearing up or going off the trail system, littering, or operating unsafely. A jeep or truck is slightly different in my eyes though seeing as there is a substantial weight difference. A Maverick is about 1500 lbs...Much less than a half ton...

ABOMB177

Reaction score
You should stay out of the skeg and you would have far less issues. haha

It s turning into a **** hole. Mark my words it will be shut down in a few years because of the abuse that is getting worse and worse. You could ride dirt bike anywhere there. Now a built quad is needed to get into 80% of the area. The other 20% is un passable when it is a little wet.

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I go out there a few times a year with the wife and always enjoy it,last year there must of been a jeep club out there and was jeeps stuck everywheres up to the headlights. Was entertaining to watch. Sat back and watched the show.

My only complaint is about the ppl with quads/sxs/dirt bikes who stop on the trail for a break and block the trail with there machines on blind cornerers. It's common sense when you stop to park off to the side.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Starting to be too many users per size of the area. When I used to ride there I went during weekdays.

Top Bottom