bruderheim killed my quad

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just a few pics from bruderheim today not many peeps there but it was only a friday

IMGP4401.jpg
im just showing the level of the river that we drove on throughout the winter
IMGP4402.jpg
everyone be weary of this hole. as the pic at the bottom shows its 3-4 feet deep
IMGP4407.jpg
im just showing how deep it really was
IMGP4406.jpg

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Don't be so dramatic....It's a honda it's not dead...just wet. I thought you told me the real reason you were standing in the puddle was to hide the fact that you pizzed your pants when it bucked you....:d:beer:

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
waters got to be a little cold

eh i need to get your number from you got my tax check so im looking at getting those tires from you hopefully they help save me from this kind of problem next time snorkels would help to till then i get to do some oil changes does anyone know if it would hurt to use old oil from the last time i did an oil change to flush the water out then put new stuff in or do i have to use new stuff right from the start?? just seems like an awful waste of money. thanks all.

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't be so dramatic....It's a honda it's not dead...just wet. I thought you told me the real reason you were standing in the puddle was to hide the fact that you pizzed your pants when it bucked you....:d:beer:

god dam smart azz:d it never bucked me. i said she dropped in and stopped dead:hand:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
eh i need to get your number from you got my tax check so im looking at getting those tires from you hopefully they help save me from this kind of problem next time snorkels would help to till then i get to do some oil changes does anyone know if it would hurt to use old oil from the last time i did an oil change to flush the water out then put new stuff in or do i have to use new stuff right from the start?? just seems like an awful waste of money. thanks all.

Drain the oil...pull the spark plug...use the pull cord to pump it over and get excess water out....Then put 1/2 the recommended oil in...and a new filter, new spark plug...start and run 30 sec....drain oil....put 1/2 reccommended again run 30 sec (same filter) drain, pull filter put on new filter fill up with fresh oil...good to go...next time don't hit it in 4th.....we were in deepeer water than that the other weekend...and YOU pulled ME out

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drain the oil...pull the spark plug...use the pull cord to pump it over and get excess water out....Then put 1/2 the recommended oil in...and a new filter, new spark plug...start and run 30 sec....drain oil....put 1/2 reccommended again run 30 sec (same filter) drain, pull filter put on new filter fill up with fresh oil...good to go...next time don't hit it in 4th.....we were in deepeer water than that the other weekend...and YOU pulled ME out

we were deep the other weekend i wont lie but this hole was about 4 inches deeper. i had to fumble with the tow rope hooking it to the rack cuz the rack was completly under water the handle bars were the only thing out of the water i would have taken a pic but all i wanted to do was get it out before i had major problems thankfully there was no water in the fuel tank.

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just click on leonards name and view his videos its the only one that comes up

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hit that same hole with my 02 Honda Rubicon last spring and sunk it about the same depth. To much sand in the bottom and no way of getting the front end up in the air you just spin and sink. I drained my airbox, pulled the plug, turned it over till the water stopped comeing out then checked the oil, it was fine. Drained the oil when I got home and there was no water in it whatso ever.

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hit that same hole with my 02 Honda Rubicon last spring and sunk it about the same depth. To much sand in the bottom and no way of getting the front end up in the air you just spin and sink. I drained my airbox, pulled the plug, turned it over till the water stopped comeing out then checked the oil, it was fine. Drained the oil when I got home and there was no water in it whatso ever.

you got lucky im at 6 oil changes so far. at least its starting now. they should have a sign up that its that deep. lol

Top Bottom