Broken Yammy

drfat4

Reaction score
Alright so I went out for a rip with my buddy today that had borrowed some guy's 91 yz250, when I got there we had to bump start it because unless the engine was warm it wouldn't kick, needed new jets. Anyways we drove like 10 miles then went into a huge bush we've never been to, I was cruzing along and looked back and he stopped, said it just quit on him and the kick starter was locked up and wouldn't move. So we went out into a field and I towed him goin bout 25 mile n hour and he jammed it into second, it was sorta going but then there was sort of a grinding noise and he couldn't get it to keep running. When we looked all we could see was the chain was a bit loose, but it was like that before. So I had to tow him 10 miles back through 2 miles of bush with a stick. Anyways, anybody have any ideas on what's wrong with it, thanks!

Sammiches

Reaction score
tighten the chain, it should be fine. don't worry about the grinding noise or seized kickstart....

Sammiches

Reaction score
yeah but we still couldn't get it to keep running and it wasn't doin that grinding before
I was being a dick....the motor's fawked. either the piston skirt broke off and is turning the bottom end into a metallic soup, or something in the gearcase has let go. mucho deniro

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it has newish tires take them off, then push the thing off a cliff. Crank bearings have piled up and it would cost more to fix it than the bike is worth.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
lmfao, u serious, u popped into 2nd, well who ever popped it , just wrecked the tranny, The problem was that the kick start idler gear probly jammed up or binded.
Be men and pull it apart, see what ya find, and post the pics.

I hear crazy stuff everyday, but thats just nucking futs!!!!!!

drfat4

Reaction score
lmfao, u serious, u popped into 2nd, well who ever popped it , just wrecked the tranny, The problem was that the kick start idler gear probly jammed up or binded.
Be men and pull it apart, see what ya find, and post the pics.

I hear crazy stuff everyday, but thats just nucking futs!!!!!!

Haha we were gonna pop it slower but he just kept hollerin faster faster so, lol he Phu*ed his self over.

drfat4

Reaction score
LMFAO!!!!!! I guess ur buddy owes sum guy a bike, ch!t happens.

Yeah I went over today and we were about to take it apart and there was two jerry cans sitting there, one said premix on the side and one said regular, but there was premix in the regular and regular in the premix! haha man it was funny!

Top Bottom