Broken Wheel

toysplus

Reaction score
:eek:Was out riding Wednesday in the Long Lake area, hit a stump on a narrower trail, next thing voila!! the steering wheels in my hands unattached. The center hub split completely leaving the insert on the steering column, by the way steering wheels are very rare in the Edmonton area:confused:

Attachments

• STEERING WHEEL 002.jpg
    STEERING WHEEL 002.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 20
  • STEERING WHEEL 003.jpg
    STEERING WHEEL 003.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 22

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reminds me when I have my old 68 chevy 1/2 ton, I got rid of the big 'ol steering wheel after I installed power steering. I put a smaller grant wheel on and forgot to put the nut on,.. I was downtown that afternoon driving, hit a bump and the wheel popped off in my hand.

Although I didn't have visegrips,.. I was freaking out trying to put the wheel back onto the shaft.

You must have hit pretty hard.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi TP, should have been on that ride with you, if I were you I would blame Barry or Jerry on that one, they never know where there going.lol When I heard what you had done I thought the shaft should have poked you in the chest. Was there any other damage to the rhino? We picked up 10 inches of snow in the last two days so the trails will be getting juicy with the extra moisture. Hope we can get together this spring .
Don:rino:

toysplus

Reaction score
Hi TP, should have been on that ride with you, if I were you I would blame Barry or Jerry on that one, they never know where there going. When I heard what you had done I thought the shaft should have poked you in the chest. Was there any other damage to the rhino? We picked up 10 inches of snow in the last two days so the trails will be getting juicy with the extra moisture. Hope we can get together this spring .
Don:rino:

Hi RT I don't think there's any other damage, have to check alignment yet. Four point harness saved the chest, we'll be back again and get together for some riding.

Top Bottom