Broken Jackshaft !

thekrust

Reaction score
Anybody else seen this?? I'm just glad I had turned on to the trail down and was going 15mph when it let go. If it was at full power in a killer climb it would have been catastrophic. Still it killed my TEAM tied and destroyed the primary. I don't give a crap about the stock pieces they are all an warranty but that TEAM piece I am gonna have to eat.. SUCKS HAIRY GOAT BALLS!!:realmad::beer::beer::beer:
May need a few more of those angry beers to get over this one.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody else seen this?? I'm just glad I had turned on to the trail down and was going 15mph when it let go. If it was at full power in a killer climb it would have been catastrophic. Still it killed my TEAM tied and destroyed the primary. I don't give a crap about the stock pieces they are all an warranty but that TEAM piece I am gonna have to eat.. SUCKS HAIRY GOAT BALLS!!:realmad::beer::beer::beer:

Chitty deal. Pics?

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ON what sled M1100?

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup mine broke too. 12m 1100t. On the third now as well as the third chain and gears.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine also broke this passed weekend 1100 miles... didnt wreck anything else though.

thekrust

Reaction score
Mine is a 13 800... only mods are MBRP can and a goodley bit of clutching!!! Almost forgot 20t top gear. This is a 1" shaft, should not have broke. I have an asphalt dragtster with a 1" shaft pushing 200hp with more than 200 passes on it, it isn't broken??? What kind of crap are they building these out of?

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
www.whiteknucklemotorsports.ca
Although the shaft is possibly made of some suspect material, the cause of the breaking isn't from power, it's from flexing constantly. There is too much movement in the shaft from the tcl, motor, soft motor mounts, and the weeble wabble bearings. This is all bad downstream as the chain loosens with jackshaft flex, leaving the tightener to deal with it, and it failing, or the chain jumps. Take your pic on which one goes first.

I stock OSP bracing, Evo HD chains, Turbie motor mounts, STM Hyvo gears, and Belanger Racing products for upgrading your driveline. Good luck getting shafts now. I took most of his last shipment and I don't think frank wants the hassle of dealing with it anymore. I have two 1100 shafts left. I put a HD 800 shaft in and ditched reverse with a STM hyvo set. I bought the js with the upgraded skf bearings. They are more than the shaft. Pm for deals email me at WKM.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya im in the same boat! It's getting pretty ridiculous. I bet my warrenty claims are running close to $7000. The damn sled has left me stranded on 3 separate occasions. Cat should be refunding us our money!
Yup mine broke too. 12m 1100t. On the third now as well as the third chain and gears.

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya im in the same boat! It's getting pretty ridiculous. I bet my warrenty claims are running close to $7000. The damn sled has left me stranded on 3 separate occasions. Cat should be refunding us our money!

Need to build a survival kit for these sleds! A person would maybe get rich! Lol!

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
www.whiteknucklemotorsports.ca
Gene are you testing turbies tcl delete mount?

No, I hadn't seen his brace until I went and looked now. I do Cam's replacement motor mounts but I haven't talked to him in a bit. It looks good, I'm going to send him a Team to make sure he has the clearance at full shift. They seem to hit any other JS bracing solution.
I am all back together now. I did the OSP enclosed JS brace, Belanger engine torque arms and HD 800 shaft with bearings, Turbie motor mounts, and STM Hyvo set. Leaving Monday for Wyoming so we'll see how it goes.

tool_man

Reaction score
I stock OSP bracing, Evo HD chains, Turbie motor mounts, STM Hyvo gears, and Belanger Racing products for upgrading your driveline. Good luck getting shafts now. I took most of his last shipment and I don't think frank wants the hassle of dealing with it anymore.

Do you have Belanger clutch guards in stock?

killerrf

Reaction score
i blew a jackshaft and it also wrecked my team and primary and even the weights. that should be the last thing that breaks on that sled. also a '13 800 162

thekrust

Reaction score
i blew a jackshaft and it also wrecked my team and primary and even the weights. that should be the last thing that breaks on that sled. also a '13 800 162

Agreed! Mine took out the weights too. Luckily AC weights with warranty coverage.

killerrf

Reaction score
mine are d&d magnaforce weights... still have good snow at home

jackshaft backordered????? wtf? more than just a few breaking i take it.

thekrust

Reaction score
I've also had some backorder issues with Cat. Dealer says it's normal for Cat to run out of parts at this time of year because they don't want a large inventory of sled parts going into spring. I can see this on a dealer level but as a manufacturer I think this is BS.

snobyrd

Reaction score
this is my year in review
bought sled in early dec
first ride running boards break and snap a belt 5 mins from truck
dec 28 stab track, down for more than 3 week, track was backordered, i had to call thief river falls to complain, they told my dealer to take a track of a sled on the floor
march i lost the exaust probe
march i was doin a climb, belt snapped at wot
march i was playin on a small hill, than snap ther goes another belt and the secondary blows apart.
this is my cost this year to keep my cat running
running boards from tss 800
3 belts 850
team tied 484
not including trips back and forth to gp for warranty
i was told buy a good source to change out the cheap chink bearings on the jackshaft to prevent failure

Top Bottom