Broken clutch springs

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Hey all turbo 2 stroke guys and gals...check your primary clutch spring. We have seen at least 20 broken Team springs so far this season and of course causes drive ability issues.
We use Orange Team springs, so not sure if it's a bad batch or what, but did not experience this the last two seasons.
The sled will have low rpm engagement and will have trouble reaching full rpm.
We have two in our shop right now that came in with broken springs and the customers did not know.
Cheers

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've had 3 in our group within the last 3 weeks. One caused over rev and was hitting det.

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Neil. I purchased two from you guys. First one failed in under 20 miles, second made about 160 miles. Switched to the Polaris almond red and have had no more failures in 600 miles. I think Team had a bad batch.

• Thanks

NM

Reaction score
Hey Neil. I purchased two from you guys. First one failed in under 20 miles, second made about 160 miles. Switched to the Polaris almond red and have had no more failures in 600 miles. I think Team had a bad batch.
I think they must have. Thanks for the feedback.

NM

Reaction score
We've had 3 in our group within the last 3 weeks. One caused over rev and was hitting det.
Ya we have seen it both ways. It depends on how they mesh together after they break. Normally is causes under revving but have seen it the other way like you did. Thanks

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with the orange spring, broken on first ride. Switched over to SLP, so far so good.

• Thanks

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have had about 10 team orange springs bust as well. EPI also makes a yellow in the same rate.

• Thanks

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to change mine every fall. Just to know I had new in there for the Winter. Dunno if I had to but I did.

Sent while wishing I was on my snowbike

• Thanks

NM

Reaction score
We think we may have found a solution to the spring breaking issue. We have ordered some new springs from a company that uses a different process to build the springs and they claim it will fix it.
We will install some springs on customers sleds and keep this thread updated.

Top Bottom