broken choke lever

crawford600

Reaction score
I've got an '03 rmk 700 and this weekend I was hit while stopped on the trail by a new sledder, and after I got up and flipped my sled back over, my lever was gone, and I have a spare lever I just don't know how to change it. Insight would be greatly appreciated. Only damage to my sled was that and my back bumper is no and inwards v.. and I have a severe sprain.

dirk660

Reaction score
there should be a small roll pin that goes through the lever and there is a small tab the hooks the cables to the lever. the pin goes through all of them. thats what flips your choke on. if the tab is broke from the cable side you will need a repair kit for that as well. they are a little tricky to get put together so you may want an extra set of hands

Last edited:

escapepro

Reaction score
I've got an '03 rmk 700 and this weekend I was hit while stopped on the trail by a new sledder, and after I got up and flipped my sled back over, my lever was gone, and I have a spare lever I just don't know how to change it. Insight would be greatly appreciated. Only damage to my sled was that and my back bumper is no and inwards v.. and I have a severe sprain.

I created a video to show how to fix this using the choke lever kit that only costs $3-$5.
rmk700 choke lever fix - YouTube

impact71

Reaction score
if you unscrew the lever and push it back though the whole the rectangle part will pop off inside there you`ll find a spring and a T where the cables hook on to hook the cables up to the tee holes and put it back together the same way it came apart. Test the toggle first before putting it back though the panel. Hope I was help .

Top Bottom