Broken belt

cookgio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I broke my belt yesterday playing in a water hole I had vfj clutch springs and 28 backs on a 2012 brute force 750 was kinda surprised with only 750 km. I use low all the time I ordered a gates g force belt hopefully it holds up better than the stocker did.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get the tyrex belt, and put it on the brute

Best belt u can get

sent while I should be drinking tea's

slvrbrt

Reaction score
Do not...repeat...do not use anything besides the factory brute or teryx belt. Seen so many threads on all the Kawie forums with sad stories of the aftermarket belts. They just don't cut it.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do not...repeat...do not use anything besides the factory brute or teryx belt. Seen so many threads on all the Kawie forums with sad stories of the aftermarket belts. They just don't cut it.

X2, buddy made it 10 feet with the good year belt on his 650 brute

sent while I should be drinking tea's

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well .. I cant say for Brute forces... but we in the can-am world said the same thing... nothing works better than OEM... that was true for many years... but not any more... for can-am anyways the Gates C belt or carbon fiber belt is as good or better than even the maverick belt and half or less for cost... Barnes of get torqed uses the gates on over 200 rwhp bikes... carbon takes the heat 3 times as well as any other belt... gates also makes a Kevlar belt for can-am and there has been good success with it too... but the C belt is the ticket... it is stiffer so it will drop your shiftout rpm by about 200....
I have been using one for about the last 2000 km

cookgio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes gates make great belts now and it only cost 65 Wich is great even the dayco xtx belt is better than the stocker. The gates c12 carbon belt is only $165 and that is the best belt money can buy.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who are you paying 165 too for a gates carbon? I got one out of the US for 112 cdn landed at my door... and bought another one off of get torqed for 100 bucks...

cookgio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya pay the price living up north lol shipping is a killer and get torqed is closed which sucks cause I need a dyno.

slvrbrt

Reaction score
Curious as to how the belt has been working out for you. Get some miles on it yet?

cookgio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It works great you can really see the difference my bike will wheelie in high now it wouldn't before alot better grip and low end. Would recommend the gates g force belt. Great product.

slvrbrt

Reaction score
Cool. If you can, keep updating. Curious about the longevity. Oem belts have always worked great for me but always into a better option.

Top Bottom