British Columbia Guides and Services

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am putting together a list of guides and guiding services for B.C.
I need links to legal guides,the ones with tenures,insurance and proper avalanche training....I am putting together a list for a article I am writing.

Thanks in advance

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The kicker Dave is "legal guides"! I know of 1 and I wouldn't recommend the outfit.

Ya, the problem in BC is you're not actually required to have a motorized recreation tenure if you only guide on FSR's. Lot's of illegal guiding going on off those roads of course....but who's gonna catch 'em?

Come to think of it....when they do catch 'em all they do is grant them tenures instead of fining them or shutting them down.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The kicker Dave is "legal guides"! I know of 1 and I wouldn't recommend the outfit.

LOL...I have a feeling I know which one.
Up to now I have come up with:
-Golden Snowmobile Rentals
-Ride with Chris Brown
-Toby Creek
-Mark Shade
-Snowride Adventures
-Totally Awesome Adventures
-Geoff Kyles Freeride

There are a few more but can not think of them at the moment....
If anyone knows of others please post....

-

Last edited:

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, the problem in BC is you're not actually required to have a motorized recreation tenure if you only guide on FSR's. Lot's of illegal guiding going on off those roads of course....but who's gonna catch 'em?

Come to think of it....when they do catch 'em all they do is grant them tenures instead of fining them or shutting them down.[/QUOTE]

To get a tenure you are required to have proper insurance and avalanche training and I don't mean just a AST 1.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To get a tenure you are required to have proper insurance and avalanche training and I don't mean just a AST 1.

The ones we were dealing with were actually ATV tours so avy training wasn't an issue. Their only punishment was having to buy insurance and pay their fees to the government. Of course then they thought they had exclusive use....which is a whole different conversation!

Last edited:

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kimberley Snowmobile Tours, seems like a legit outfit. They take newbies out, show them a good time, stay away from avy terrain and bring the clients back in one piece. I believe Jeff who runs it is a certified guide. Certified by who I have no idea. And they groom the trail to one of our local riding areas free of charge which is awesome!

KSA HOME

Ride Whistler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about riding clinics? ;) I have been turned in for every single riding/avalanche clinic I have taught but I work with legal tenure holders everywhere so gov.bc is happy.

Geoff Kyle

Reaction score
I am putting together a list of guides and guiding services for B.C.
I need links to legal guides,the ones with tenures,insurance and proper avalanche training....I am putting together a list for a article I am writing.

Thanks in advance

Hey Dave, I also run a legal sled guiding outfit in Whistler called "Geoff Kyles Freeride". I have partnered up with Whistler Snowmobile and use their Brandywine riding tenure as well as insurance. I also have my Ops Level 1 Avalache training as well Wilderness First Aid. Please feel free to look me up at "geoffkylesfreeride.com" if you have any further questions----Thnx ------GK

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Dave, I also run a legal sled guiding outfit in Whistler called "Geoff Kyles Freeride". I have partnered up with Whistler Snowmobile and use their Brandywine riding tenure as well as insurance. I also have my Ops Level 1 Avalache training as well Wilderness First Aid. Please feel free to look me up at "geoffkylesfreeride.com" if you have any further questions----Thnx ------GK

Thanks Geoff,you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find this info...Cheers

K

Kavaleen

Take a look at the website British Columbia Snowmobile Operators Assoc. Good luck, maybe ask for refferals or testimonials for each guiding outfit.... Just a suggestion.

Ride Whistler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rod Whelpton @ Adrenaline Tours is another great guide. You can add Whistler Heli Sledder next to my name Dave as I am partnered up with them.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
funny how in Sicamous we have none! there is the back yard want a bee guide .......but I dont know of any locally that is ticketed to save his a$$ or anyone in his group! funny I guess since we have a lot of riding here!

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
funny how in Sicamous we have none! there is the back yard want a bee guide .......but I dont know of any locally that is ticketed to save his a$$ or anyone in his group! funny I guess since we have a lot of riding here!

:rolleyes:

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Dave! Govbc has a list of every tenure and guiding licence in BC. Can't remember the name of the department, seems to change constantly. gov.bc.ca

Let me know if you need help finding it. Did a ton of research into it last year for land tenures for filming for Krazy Canadian.

Cheers :)

Top Bottom