Britain sets deadline to ban diesel, gas cars

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I move some cargo in Europe and mostly use trucks and yes they are the same size we have here in N.America. We went thru the Channel Tunnel a couple years ago and they have trains that only take trucks and others only cars. When travelling on the autobahn the trucks stay faithfully on the right as they face heavy fines if they are caught holding traffic back.

we were just in Europe(Germany, Austria and the Netherlands/Holland) and i was amazed at howmany tractor trailers they have over there... There main hiway routes are almost bumper to bumper tractor trailers in the right lanes.... I was amazed!!! On the other hand they heavily use electric trains and barges on the rivers, including barges hauling oils, fuels, lpg, ng.... And the whole 3 weeks over there, only saw 2 pickup trucks--- a nissan titan and a ford ranger lightning... Thats it!!

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BTW, the reason you don't see to many large p/u in Europe is because they are taxed differently than cars.

we were just in Europe(Germany, Austria and the Netherlands/Holland) and i was amazed at howmany tractor trailers they have over there... There main hiway routes are almost bumper to bumper tractor trailers in the right lanes.... I was amazed!!! On the other hand they heavily use electric trains and barges on the rivers, including barges hauling oils, fuels, lpg, ng.... And the whole 3 weeks over there, only saw 2 pickup trucks--- a nissan titan and a ford ranger lightning... Thats it!!

Top Bottom