Brazeau Reservoir - Drayton Valley

Kohnhead

Reaction score
Various terrain - spillway has basically gravel path back into a generator station(30km) Mud/muskegg trails around the resevoir. Terrain for all experience levels. Pavement all the way there. Provincial campground, and lots of random "ditch" camping. Like any Provincial campground, you can't ride your machine into or out of the campground.

Can get very busy, lots of people. But enough terrain that you don't keep running into everyone. Plus, if your machine lets you down, you can always go fishin' in the reservior. I'm not much of a fisherman, that's why I ride Polaris!

To get there Head South from Drayton Valley on HWY22, and take the Secondary 620 turn off. Follow 620 to the dam. (approx 55KM from Drayton).

Due to it's easy access, the RCMP and Conservation Officers do patrol the area. If your not legal, do the rest of us a favor and stay home!

You can also follow the road past the dam and there are literally thousands of trails to ride. You cannot possibly ride them all in a lifetime. Some trails get really muddy.

Security can be an issue, so leave your valuables locked up, chain up the ATV's and take the keys out. I've been going there for years and never had an issue, but have been there on week-ends and have heard about machines going missing during the night.

Top Bottom