Brand new machine! Which one??

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a KingQuad and an 800 Renegade. Yes, the Renegade makes more power. A lot of power and is very fun. But I love my KingQuad. Something about it that I can't put into words. It has very good power as well, rides great. Looks awesome.
I have no opinion on the Grizzly. I don't like Yamaha products but that is just a personal thing.

scottsrdscott

Reaction score
Well im going to go to a couple of dealers today and talk numbers. A good buddy of mine is dead set on a brand new grizzly so that should give me some price leverage if me and my friend are to buy 2 machines at the same time. One more thing that makes me want the Suzuki is the fact that the two main guys I go quadding with will be Grizzly guys in the near future and I would like to have a little variety to the machines that we will be on. Ill let you guys know what the dealers have to say. Keep the knowledge flowin guys. thanks

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 07 700 eps grizzly and a 09 rhino.You sound like you want something reliable and yes the grizzlys are.I had another that we traded for the rhino with 2500kms and 0 issues.The other one has 2200k and its never been in to the shop except for 2 CV boots[my fault I hunt in alot of brush,sticks]I believe the KQ has a little more jam than the grizz but other than that the grizzlys keep on winning most tests in the single bigbore shootouts.Yamaha has the best 4x4 system out there and the suspension rides very plush.I would ride them both and deal on them and whoever throws the best deal go for it.No need to be loyal to a close Yamy dealer either as they are so dependable it will likely never be back in for repairs.I bought both my Grizzlys in Calgary and I live in Kelowna.If your buying polaris you want to be close to your dealer

scottsrdscott

Reaction score
well i went to a Suzuki/Yamaha dealer and I was able to test both machines. I liked the way the Suzuki felt better. The Suzuki feels a little lower and a bit sportier. The Yamy feels higher with softer suspension. Both machines felt good but the King just seemed to fit me better. I also found that i dont need the eps.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i went to a Suzuki/Yamaha dealer and I was able to test both machines. I liked the way the Suzuki felt better. The Suzuki feels a little lower and a bit sportier. The Yamy feels higher with softer suspension. Both machines felt good but the King just seemed to fit me better. I also found that i dont need the eps.

After a full day of riding, you may change your mind on eps, I know if I go back to quads, I will have eps ferrrrrr surrrrrre!!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you may need the eps on a kakakawi, but may have n need for it on the suzuki. best info on choices is nyroc especially for suzi quads. kawi info you get at the shop. :d

wellluck

Reaction score
If you look at the posts regarding the Medicinr Lake rally it looks like Yami drivers had their fair share of problems or maybe they are the only ones posting the breakdowns they had,. This was a really tough ride and hard on the machines mind you. I was surprised how many Kawis there were on this rally, probably a close 2nd behind the the grizzly. For the money difference I'd go with the Brute.

nutma

Reaction score
I've got a 09 brute 750 and love it tons of power and a good riding machine. Haven't had any issues that were the issue of the manufacture. If you do get a brute change air box intake or stay out of water sunk mine in a foot of water. I guess that is on the manufacture should fix.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have personally pulled a grizzly and a suzuki out of the bush before with my Kawi. All the guys I know that have canned hams LOVE them and wouldn't go any other route. Go ahead and buy a grizzly if you want one then listen to your nuddies complain as your sitting overheating from the mud your were going through, don't ride with many suzukis but I know they have there fair share of problems as well(twitchy steering, overheating, seals leaking, etc.) Go to nyroc and you will hear all about their issues. Not saying Kawi's don't have issues but the worst problem I have had yet is I smoked my belt at Med lake rally but still rode almost half the rally and didn't let off in any of the hole, although I only have 29.5" tires so they are pretty small.:p

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with whatever You think is best for you! All machines these days are extremely alike and most dealers are quite competitive. All have their pros and cons, what matters most is how you feel on them.;)

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an Outty 800, and love it. Lots of power, and the Visco lock is not that big of a deal. I have never been in a position where I was envious of any of my buddies rides. I also have an AC 700, way less power, but a super nice machine to drive, no need for EPS. I only have 200km on it, so I am not sure about reliabilty. After the Medicine Lake rally, if a person wants something that doesn't break down, should maybe buy a sailboat, because there was carnage from every brand. The best thing you can do is keep an open mind and mess around with every brand available to you, Polaris included.:d

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had Honda dealer and rode Polaris, Yamaha and them all
We have Yamahas now, wife and I have Kodiak 450s sons have Grizzley 660 and 700 and a Polaris Razr.and 450R .
The 700 of my sons with his new monster tires,a clutch kit and a pipe.Nothing stops that.we went out with there friends on Canam 800s ,Suzuki 750s. Nothing stops that Grizzley.and he rides it with one hand most of the time holding my grand daughter.thats why he went to the Razr now.

so if I didnt say it enough YAMAHA Grizzley..

Oh, My son is head mechanic at Whitecourt Yamaha, call them for a price.

almost forgot, I had a 99 Grizz with 13,000 kms, its still going with over 15 now, never overhauled.

atver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 3 700 king quads and love them. I also have a 800 Renegade X and nothing has near the power( Kawie or Thunder cat) They are all good except the Pol as they are known as the parts department bank. Just MY opinion.

scottsrdscott

Reaction score
So I ended up buying the Queen Quad. I also decided against the Kenda Executioner's and went for the Zilla's. With the executioners, the total weight of the tires would have been about 47lbs heavier. Thats just too much weight.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I ended up buying the Queen Quad. I also decided against the Kenda Executioner's and went for the Zilla's. With the executioners, the total weight of the tires would have been about 47lbs heavier. Thats just too much weight.

I also suggest a VDI ecu, M109R injector, twin air air filter, clutch kit and skid plates. I'm sure you'll be very happy with the new KQ. I did the mods I mentioned above to mine recently and it really woke it up. Wheelies pretty easily with 27" swamp lites on it now:d:cool:

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also suggest a VDI ecu, M109R injector, twin air air filter, clutch kit and skid plates. I'm sure you'll be very happy with the new KQ. I did the mods I mentioned above to mine recently and it really woke it up. Wheelies pretty easily with 27" swamp lites on it now:d:cool:

I have almost the same set up and I am happy with the power and
i am impressed with whe way my quad performs

Top Bottom