Boyle/Athabasca Area - Suggestions?

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can get to Long Lake from Amisk...hard to explain though.

It is a combination of trails, service roads, cutting across a gravel pit....LOL.
I'd recommend having a GPS or compass, and just keep heading in that general direction. I find that to be the best way to spend a day...just head out and see where you end up. If you go too far West, you will hit the Long Lake Highway, too far North and you hit the Highway from Boyle...just stay between the two heading SW. As long as you stay to the established trails, you'll be right mate!

I found that there is not much riding around Long Lake though as it is a provincial park....but there is another old cabin tucked in just North of Long Lake.

I am still trying to find a trail that takes me to the East side of Long Lake...

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know how to get to the east side of long lake. If you want to get to long from cricket. Head east down the pipeline till you come to the gravel road. There is a compressor station on the Left. Go right and stay tothe right. This will take you back to skeleton

I think we need to all get together sometime and figure this all out

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree, we should try and arrange a snow and mud ride out there sometime.

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be going out next on Father's Day Weekend...a couple guys..a couple 6 yr old "dudes"...

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so are we going to make some planes for sat June 14 ????? Find the cabin explore east side of long lake ????

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would LOVE to.....but being father's day...taking 2 6yr olds out, and having to put up a fence on Sat, kind of hard to make plans...
Will you be out at Mewatha?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We parked by Shorline campground, then headed down the trail parallel to the campground then went about 2 km along the trail that runs with the tracks, then headed I think east on a trail. We found some area's there but then headed back to area we started, made our way towards the highway, crossed that and headed straight North, crossed a creek and headed up a trail we eventually had to turn back as it was getting later and there was alot of skeg and there would be just 2 of us with one winch. We did meet about 5 others there who gave us a winch or two but once they were heading back we decided to as well.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you head straight north of Shorline resort you get on the huge cut line that takes you into cricket lake. Loads of trails in that area with lots of skeg.

poppajon

Reaction score
That should be south dude! Go south, cross the highway, take the pipeline east. There are some deciving holes there so be prepared.....

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you head straight north of Shorline resort you get on the huge cut line that takes you into cricket lake. Loads of trails in that area with lots of skeg.

Do you mean straight South of Shoreline? Back towards the highway?

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you mean straight South of Shoreline? Back towards the highway?

You head south across the highway then follow up the dirt road till you get to the top turn left (east) and follow down the wide cut line and there is some good riding in there.

Kybol

Reaction score
Poachers Landing is an awesome place to ride, its just north of the ALPAC mill,east side of the river. Llots of sandy trails, well marked trails, ATV bridges across all the big creeks. Good place for beginners & intermidiate riders, unfortunally, no overnight camping.

Well I am a new guy here and thought I would bump an old thread. There are also some nice trials on the other side of the river from here too, and you can ride out to calling river. Depending on how high the river is you can cross it and come out at the camp site, or even just dive around and start there. Made a quick map to give an idea:
map.jpg

Top Bottom