Boulder avalanche death

jockdoc

Reaction score
I rode with Chris and Eric a couple weeks back... I'm really sad to hear this. My prayers go out to his wife and sons. Thanks to the Cycle Works team for their support of Chris's loved ones in this terrible time. I'll remember him as a fantastic, skilled, fun rider. He allowed my friend and I to follow him and Eric around to their favorite stashes at Eagle Pass. I won't forget how kind he was and the efforts he and Eric made to find us when we got separated or stuck. Super great guy.... Rest in peace.

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where abouts from the cabin is this shady lane area? Is it across the lake then down to the left?

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
First of all, my condolences to the family and friends that Chris left behind. We seen Chris, Eric, and another buddy at the cabin that morning and had a good visit before we parted ways. It is still hard to believe what happened.
I met Chris at the Thunderstruck premiere in Red Deer last fall and he was explaining to me what his plans and intentions were for really making Cycle Works a success, and I know he was on the right path.
This is a substantial loss for all that knew Chris. RIP

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like the cris that ran the place???

If it is o.m.g that is sooooooo not good

Lost a very good, stand up fellow sledder for sure

Thoughts to the family and friends

sent while I should be drinking tea's

No matter what Chris it is it is soooo not good. R.I.P.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No matter what Chris it is it is soooo not good. R.I.P.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

But it makes a difference when u know a guy personally , know what he stands for and what he was trying to do

I drink doolaid like twisted tea's

He just about made me switch brands let's just say that

sent while I should be drinking tea's

raven-lunatic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't begin to measure the level of sorrow that Chris' family must be experiencing. I'm so sorry for the families loss.
For the last few years I've been lucky enough to get to know him and found him to be such a good stand up guy that stayed true to his word.
Mine and many others thoughts will be of you, while our prayers will be with your family.
Rest In Peace my friend!

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only met him briefly in at CW but he struck me as a good guy.

R.I.P Chris. My condolences to his family and friends.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is really hard to read. Hits close to home as Chris used to work for Terry when I was in high school, which made us co-workers. My thoughts are with his wife and boys at this time. :(

Be safe out there, guys.

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Terribly sad news my heart goes out the the family and all involved hopefully many people learn from this incedent and take extra precaution when on the hill stay safe everyone

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Posting on behalf of Cycle Works Organization:

This weekend we lost a valuable member of the Cycle Works Family, Red Deer GM Chris McCoy. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all his loved ones at this difficult time, details regarding condolences and memorials will be updated as they become known.

hurtinalbertin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chris was a great friend of mine, many skis were tugged and rums had back at camp. He was always there for anyone that needed his help and will be deeply missed. I have been talking to Kathy this week and have shared a lot of tears as well as a lot of great memories. This picture alone describes the person Chris was, got his sled stuck on purpose to come help me. Your smile and laugh will never be forgotten. Fairwell for now buddy. RIP Chris

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 355

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Posting again for Cycle Works Organization:

Celebration of "LIFE" for Chris McCoy

Monday , February 24 2:00 PM @ Sylvan Lake Alliance Church ( Pastor Jim )

4404-47 Ave , Sylvan Lake, AB

McCoy Family has requested support/acknowledgements be made in the form of Donations to the Revelstoke Search and Rescue

Box 847
Revelstoke, BC
V0E2S0

Top Bottom