Bought a few sleds to get the kids into riding this year.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good looking sleds, can't go wrong with the EFI for the little guys, if they roll it (and they might... LOL) you will thank god you bought an EFI. As a safety note, I don't see any tethers on those sleds - my advice ...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE buy some and install them or have them installed. The Cat should be plug and play, the Polaris and the yammy might need to be wired, lots of guys have done this and can help with this I'm sure. The RMK has a lefty throttle and they have caused problems with the throttle cables on other sleds. Any sled IMO, but especially mountain sleds, should have them. If the sled rolls (can happen as much in the ditches on the flats as it can on the mountain) and the throttle sticks open, snow can pack in behind the lever as it flips on its lid and you now have a runaway. These sleds are far more powerful than we give them credit for. I'm not a safety Nazi but with kids on sleds its just never a sure thing and their lives are priceless and worth every penny of what you will spend on a tether. 25+ yrs on the hill, seen this happen too many times, lots of people get lucky, like this guy...full throttle sledding accident - YouTube

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Good point Modman, and something I was planning to add. I unloaded all the sleds into my shop on Sunday and went through them last night. I saw the plug in on the cat while I was checking it out and do plan to add tethers to all of them. The wife will be riding the Yamaha, my boys will learn under me on the 600 Cat, and I'll be riding the Polaris. In checking them all out last night, it appears I did well with getting three good clean machines. The Yamaha is spotless, the RMK is pretty damn clean, and the Cat is pretty good but has some oil seepage down below the cylinder heads (smokes a lot when just fired up). All the tracks and sliders are good, wheels and skids are good, and belts all appear excellent. Once I get the tethers installed, I need to learn how to setup clutches on these as that's something I have never done. Need to know how to adjust the weight, springs, and how to adjust them properly. If anyone knows a good sled head who's like to spend an hour with a guy to go over the clutches I am all ears...I mean Beers!

Cheers...Graeme :beer:

Kakwasledder

Reaction score
I had a 2000 arctic cat 600efi. Back then the buzz was change pistons at 3200 klm. Mine blew up at 3400 klm. Broke a piston skirt. I dont know if they changed pistons after 2000 but something to check into. Hopefully they addressed that problem. Anyways, enjoy the sleds, they all look in great shape.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Being that I really like riding the Red SX Viper over that of the Polaris or the Cat, I sold them off as a pair last week and kept the trailer from the deal (bonus). I set out to find another Yamaha and this week I scored a 2005 SX Viper that I found up in Redwater. Here it is unloaded at home sitting next to the 02 Viper. The blue one is an all stock one owner sled with low miles. He added a torque plate to the engine and it's a pretty quick little sled. Now to order a pipe kit from Bender and then find a smaller Yamaha for the kids to ride.

IMG_7574.jpg

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Being that I really like riding the Red SX Viper over that of the Polaris or the Cat, I sold them off as a pair last week and kept the trailer from the deal (bonus). I set out to find another Yamaha and this week I scored a 2005 SX Viper that I found up in Redwater. Here it is unloaded at home sitting next to the 02 Viper. The blue one is an all stock one owner sled with low miles. He added a torque plate to the engine and it's a pretty quick little sled. Now to order a pipe kit from Bender and then find a smaller Yamaha for the kids to ride.

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd418/DBL_NKL/IMG_7574.jpg

Looks good I love the triple sound

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beach Corner-Just follow the tracks from the liquo
I picked up this sled which I'm just finishing up the motor on now, for X-mas kids/relatives to bomb around on. Good fun!
It's funny now that I think about it. I was 10 when I used to ride one of these at WOT all the time. Quick sleds back in the day.

78 SRX 440

View attachment 175178

Attachments

• IMG_3246.jpg
    IMG_3246.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 110
Top Bottom