Bought a few sleds to get the kids into riding this year.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
After 3-4 years away from sledding, I decided to get back into things and just bought a few used sleds to get my wife and my 2 boys into sledding this year. We're on an acreage just North of Okotoks and have easy access to the back roads and ditches around the area including our own field to get the boys accustomed to the sleds. Bought an 02 SX Viper 700 yesterday and last night I made a deal on an 03 RMK 700 and a 1M Mountian Cat. All 144 tracks which should work well for some ditch banging and trail riding with the kids this winter.

Can't wait for the first good snowfall, but need to get the kids outfitted with suits and helmets before hand. Should be cool test riding each these 2-strokes and comparing them to see which one has the best ride/power in the ditches. Hope to see some of you around this winter. G.

SX Viper.JPG
02 Viper 700
$_20 (1).JPG
04 Mountain Cat
rmk.JPG
03 RMK 700

Last edited:

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Nice! Welcome back to sledding.
Still see lots of those sleds on the hill in Revy!
You don't the huge machines to ride the hills. Rode 144 for years.
Enjoy!

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Seven and Ten. The oldest will get his feet wet me over top of him before he's given the reigns to ride on his own, while the other will ride with me and mom most of the time. Might buy one smaller sled to break him in with before he works up to the bigger sleds. He likes the stock Viper 700 which just arrived today but first I'll see if I can throttle stop it so he can't get to carried away once he's on his own. :)

IMG_6827s.jpg

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome back. Your kids are gonna love it. My 11 yr old is on his 3rd sled. Started him on a zl120 when he was 3. went to a freestyle 300 when he was 7 and before last season put him on an F5 with a 136" track with a 2" lug. Enjoy .......

togo ripper

Reaction score
I love those vipers had a 02 just like that but 121 with a 1.5 challenger and it was a great sled had 12000 km when we sold it never had any problems and was a great field rocket

Dulley

Reaction score
Welcome back, I took my 12 yr old to Foam in Blue River for his first mountain trip. He's on my old Summit 600 with a 136. It seemed like he was stuck every 20 ft once we hit the alpine but once he figured out the fun flipper he did great.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I started my son on a kitty cat, then a indy sport 440 and now he owns a 2013 600 RMK.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine started on a 340 Indy Lite with a longer 1" paddle track. Awesome first sled. Never gets stuck. Good for Dad!! Now the 14 year old rides and Pro RMK 800, the 12 year old daughter still loves the 340 which makes the 10 year old really happy cause he loves the 600 RMK.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to getting the kids out too! I need to get a tune up on the kitty cat. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413643846.642658.jpg

And me, in about '86...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413643913.491565.jpg

'12 T4
Husaberg 570FE

jjack

Banned
Reaction score
After 3-4 years away from sledding, I decided to get back into things and just bought a few used sleds to get my wife and my 2 boys into sledding this year. We're on an acreage just North of Okotoks and have easy access to the back roads and ditches around the area including our own field to get the boys accustomed to the sleds. Bought an 02 SX Viper 700 yesterday and last night I made a deal on an 03 RMK 700 and a 1M Mountian Cat. All 144 tracks which should work well for some ditch banging and trail riding with the kids this winter.

Can't wait for the first good snowfall, but need to get the kids outfitted with suits and helmets before hand. Should be cool test riding each these 2-strokes and comparing them to see which one has the best ride/power in the ditches. Hope to see some of you around this winter. G.

View attachment 175151
02 Viper 700
View attachment 175152
04 Mountain Cat
View attachment 175153
03 RMK 700

so are you talking about a 1000cc artic cat

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
The cat is the 600EFI model w/ reverse and my 10 year old will learn on this sled. I bought them Friday and the guy drove them right from Revelstoke to my door last night. Turns out I know his brother and his Dad as well so I guess it was meant to be. It was a package deal on a home built enclosed tilt trailer with the Polaris RMK 700 and Arctic Cat 1M 600 he picked up a few years ago for his girlfriend. The sleds are in fantastic condition and need absolutely nothing. He even brought out all of his spare oil, ski tie down, chain of ownership, docs, spare parts, and put a new battery in the Polaris before filling them up with premium last night. Killer deal on a couple low mileage "extra clean" sleds.

IMG_6851s.jpg
Polaris needs absolutely nothing and is super clean. This will be my ride.
IMG_6850s.jpg
1M 600 EFI, starts first pull and has reverse. My boys will learn on this one.
trailers.jpg
Trailer is home built but is done very well. Won't be used very much.

Heading out to offload them now as it was late last night and I just threw the trailer into the shop for the night. Pretty happy with this deal and was lucky to be the first to jump on it. Just need to outfit the kids next week and I'm ready for the first good snow fall. Excited...you bet.

Last edited:

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sleds look awesome..just a thought if it hasn't already been done to add fuel stabilizer to the tank on both sleds and run em for 10 mins or so to get the stabilizer into the fuel system. Now the wait for snow is gonna seem way longer for ya.....Enjoy..

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Cool thing is the guy who sold the sleds to me is an RCMP member from Revy. He was directly involved with the Bait program put into place due to the sled and trailer thefts in the BC hills the last few years. In talking with him last night it sounds like they are planning a lot more of it this year and they're expanding it to other areas as well. Good to know that the Mounties have really stepped up their game to help catch some of these guys going after sleds in the mountain areas and hotel parking lots.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/gazette/vol76no3/news-actualites/snowmobile-motoneige-eng.htm

Top Bottom