bora bora

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has been there or know someone that has? The wife and I are interested in going but a variety of rooms and prices...need the inside track on a good place to stay..looking to stay in hut on water....

Thank you

Last edited:

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has been there or know someone that has? The wife and I are interested in going but a variety of rooms and prices...need the inside track on a good place to stay..looking to stay in hut on water....

Thank you

I looked and it was 1300 a night for a 1 bedroom!

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Friend of a friend went there stayed at the over water bungalows either the intercontinental or the 4 seasons 7 nights was almost $10000 not including flights or meals/drinks they are not all inclusive. He said every meal was around $150-$200for 2 people. He showed us his last breakfast receipt 2 coffees 2 orders of toast came with slice of fruit and 1 Orange juice $86 +15% tip. He paid that separate because they had checked out already normally they charge your room and bill you at the end. They said they loved it and no regrets but it was a $20000 memory

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Last edited:

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ouch expensive memory...were looking at a 7 night as well but, the over water bungalow...with deck and glass floor is 573 a night for just the room...website shows same pictures for Delux overwater bungalow and overwater bungalow except delux is 790 a night. Description of room and posted pictures are identical kinda makes me wonder...and in the middle of the pacific where am I going to go if it goes sideways...might be wise to talk to travel agent?

Mike s

Reaction score
Hi the wife & I have been to Tahiti two years ago , on a cruise threw the islands , bora bora was one of the stops . What we did do was flew in 5 days early , & stayed in moorea island at the hilton overwater bungalows , which were amazing . Moorea is only a 20 to 30 min fairy ride from Papeete , which is the city you should be landing in when going to bora bora . My advise to you would be to talk to a travel agent, & consider more than 7 days in Tahiti because it's a long flight to get there , and look at and consider moorea it was are favorite island , and most of the islands are quite similar , and as fare as people posting how expensive ,it is there to eat & drink its true ,but that said it is amazing place to go ,if you like scuba diving or snorkeling , and the overwater bungalows worth every penny . Plus the food at the restaurants on the islands were great , go on trip advisor ,lots of good advise .hope this helps cheers!!!!

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love Costa Rica, for the price of a $20 grand trip to Fiji (ouch) you could almost retire here. Check out verbo online rentals and you will find lots of budget friendly places on the water that are great. Beer is cheep and the food won't run you $200 for dinner.
I find it safe and laid back, and at times driving there give you the same exhilarating feeling of pulling shoots in revy.
one thing that mike s posted and I agree on is 7 days is short for such a long flight, anything overseas or south of Mexico.
happy travels

Top Bottom