Boosted pro!! looking for some pointers

TARRANT

Reaction score
well Im back in the game after a 6 year break . I picked myself up a 2012 pro with a Kpa turbo and a 3" 163 . the motor had a topend refresh last year for piece of mind as well . Im new to boosted sleds so any advice would be great. I plan on running 100ll as its all he ever ran in it previously and ended up with over 1200 miles on the stock top end. Looking forward to being back and part of this group again.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear, sledding is fun. My advice after running a 2011 Pro turbo: Bring a spare, stock sled so when the turbo doesn't run (which is every other day) you can still ride.

TARRANT

Reaction score
haha good to know. Prob not going to be an option at the moment for that but its never had a hiccup since it was built according to buddy (talk is cheap I know)

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome back.. I've run several boosted Pro's since 2011 and have had no issues with any of them. What boost are you running? I found that the lower boost (6-7 lbs) run better at 50/50 av and a good premium (shell, Esso, etc.). However I did run straight av in my 2015 at 12 lbs. I went back to a 6lb kit in my 2018 and back to 50/50 mix, (getting too old for the big hp). One habit I've always had is, I have always ran Polaris oil, and have always put 3-4 ounces of oil in the fuel tank per 5 gallons of fuel.
Good luck and safe riding.

TARRANT

Reaction score
Welcome back.. I've run several boosted Pro's since 2011 and have had no issues with any of them. What boost are you running? I found that the lower boost (6-7 lbs) run better at 50/50 av and a good premium (shell, Esso, etc.). However I did run straight av in my 2015 at 12 lbs. I went back to a 6lb kit in my 2018 and back to 50/50 mix, (getting too old for the big hp). One habit I've always had is, I have always ran Polaris oil, and have always put 3-4 ounces of oil in the fuel tank per 5 gallons of fuel.
Good luck and safe riding.

Good to hear you had no issues !!! it will be set around 10-12lbs as im still young and stupid so we cant have me being a responsible/reasonable adult. I will def take the advice of the few ounces of oil in the tank as I know straight AV burns a bit dry. Thanks

DV-ENT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran a 2012 boost it pro last year and put on 1800 trouble free kilometer's... by far the best most reliable sled Ive owned more so than my 2016 axys was... lol. make sure the oiler is turned right up on the sled.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turbo Electronics have come a long way in the last 5 years. If your unhappy with the electronics or if they are know to give trouble get some new stuff. Last year I bought some new electronics for my turbo kit could not be happier. rode 500 miles on the turbo sled and had one little issue. I had the box mounted upside down so water was getting into the sensor tube and it was not happy.

TARRANT

Reaction score
Finally home !!!
44dd2a1577b109cf5ff799d5968ccb16.jpg

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Adamg is right on the ear plugs. I had a side dump for a few years so so loud. I built a tunnel dump way more enjoyable to ride.

TARRANT

Reaction score
It definitely has a hell of a bark just from pulling it into the garage. I’ll head to Costco and buy a case of ear plugs for sure

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It definitely has a hell of a bark just from pulling it into the garage. I’ll head to Costco and buy a case of ear plugs for sure

Might want to look into a tunnel dump, probably lose a few riding buddies with the current set up. :)

Top Bottom