boost it viper

ROBERTSONYAMAHA

Reaction score
Noob maybe you were off on your own bashing trees in the middle of nowhere like I was on my boost it viper during those climbs. Love the boost it viper for power and climbs which is insane, but with stock compression and wicked throttle response in that viper chassis this thing rocks for technical tree riding. Even in setup spring snow conditions. How's that ol ski-doo saying go again??? Can u dangle... ;) - Cody

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is some very impressive climbs by Chris Brown... Very good rider. If in fact he is running 9lbs & pulling the one mile .. That there is impressive.

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
www.whiteknucklemotorsports.ca
Looks like a good time was had by all, wish we could have made it down.

Not to pull away from the thread but just want to clarify a few things for accuracy:
- there is no Evo super chute kit for the Viper, just big chute versions
- the WTA system on Evo's kit uses the existing cooling system and doesn't add a tank or pump
- most think the SC kit on an 1100 means the "big power/big turbo" kit. In actuality the BC kit would only be 15hp less than last years SC's 300hp kit. The characteristics are very different but the wot riding would be the time it is least noticeable. Also of note the BC kit is $3300, which is 3k less than a SC kit.

Neil, there are very few SC kits in SK compared to AB and BC, and I've sold almost all of them. Did you happen to catch their name or where they were from? Glad you got to see an 1100 run like we are used to seeing.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Looks like a good time was had by all, wish we could have made it down.

Not to pull away from the thread but just want to clarify a few things for accuracy:
- there is no Evo super chute kit for the Viper, just big chute versions
- the WTA system on Evo's kit uses the existing cooling system and doesn't add a tank or pump
- most think the SC kit on an 1100 means the "big power/big turbo" kit. In actuality the BC kit would only be 15hp less than last years SC's 300hp kit. The characteristics are very different but the wot riding would be the time it is least noticeable. Also of note the BC kit is $3300, which is 3k less than a SC kit.

Neil, there are very few SC kits in SK compared to AB and BC, and I've sold almost all of them. Did you happen to catch their name or where they were from? Glad you got to see an 1100 run like we are used to seeing.
Didnt catch their names, but they were identical sleds and they said that they had the big turbos and were the 300 HP kits.
They were sure in love with Phil's John Deere Viper and said they had all Deere equipment. They were nice guys.
I wasn't really thinking I should run with a 300 HP sled when I had a 174x3 and was geared at 2.50
I just think it's good to compare to what's out there so people really know. There are enough guys that hang on the internet, sit at the bar or the bottom of the hill and tell everyone how fast their stuff is but will never line up.

I did tell these guys that a good skid would give them some confidence climbing anything steep. All the power in the world can not overcome a poor skid.

NM

Reaction score
where is that neil thats a crazy off camber climb,what does chris run for a rear skid?seems to keep the skies down pretty good,is he running a 3x162?
Not sure where that chute is...looks crazy though. Maybe Chris will chime in and let us know.
That sled has a 162x3 and he is running the stock skid with the Skinz adjustable coupler setup and Fox floats. We spent a bit of time on Fri getting it set up for climbing and it did work great.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a question here... If the Viper is the same motor as a Nytro. Why does it seem to make more power, lower boost #'s but makes it feel like more than bigger boosted Nytro's?
Or is it just the feeling of more because of the better chassy?
I think the after market companies have just gotten smarter with years of experience on turbo's and with that engine in particular

Ride Whistler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
162 X3 Camo track in a stock skid with the Skinz ARC system at 9 lbs. I run 8-9 lbs on pump gas all winter. This was the first time I added any race gas...just wanted to be sure on the long pulls. I will be running it on pump gas again for the rest of the year....I don't even know where to get race gas here!

These Boost-It sleds rip and they are SO fun to ride! Instant power for technical riding...

That chute is out between Turtle and Eagle's....Thunderstruck fimed it

Not sure where that chute is...looks crazy though. Maybe Chris will chime in and let us know.
That sled has a 162x3 and he is running the stock skid with the Skinz adjustable coupler setup and Fox floats. We spent a bit of time on Fri getting it set up for climbing and it did work great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCZCKqWN3R0&feature=youtu.be

noob

Reaction score
watched Chris's video again, and just sick how he misses the rocks and then lays it over on it's side at the very top of the chute with no effort

NM

Reaction score
post the vids when you get them. Cool to see these vipers ripping it up.
I'm not really sure why, but I haven't seen a vid of any Viper climb anything unless it had a Boost-It kit. That is in a whole season, and we never even received a sled to ride until Nov. The other guys had them for months before us
Yamaha was nice enough to give us a proto Viper for a few days to test fit components but never even provided a key so we could start it.
The other guys were running them and even posted vids of sleds on Dynos.

Last edited:

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not really sure why, but I haven't seen a vid of any Viper climb anything unless it had a Boost-It kit.

Good call. After looking though, there doesn't seem to be much footage of any long tracked Viper, with the exception of all the new MPI demos.

It'll be interesting what Thunderstruck has to offer this year.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not really sure why, but I haven't seen a vid of any Viper climb anything unless it had a Boost-It kit. That is in a whole season, and we never even received a sled to ride until Nov. The other guys had them for months before us
Yamaha was nice enough to give us a proto Viper for a few days to test fit components but never even provided a key so we could start it.

it seems to me that dyno queens are just that, I would take a real world tested product that has been filmed and is a proven performer...HP is just a number that many times is very difficult to reproduce in real world riding, air density, humidity, and air temp play a huge role, the nice thing about a dyno run is it shows where the peak HP and torque occur, but on a turbo engine the higher you rev the more they make until the turbo is maxed out and the engine head can't flow any more air, and increasing the air pressure (boost) just creates massive heat and that is where det issues come into effect, so lower pressure (boost) is better if the performance level achieved is acceptable and we know this by what clutching is used to control engine RPM and from what I have seen Neil's stuff works very well, although I don't have a boost-it turbo I do have his fuel system and it works so well. If 12 PSI is all that is needed to pull aggressive clutching and run big track speed that is awsome !!!!

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Why u say... For me (many) my days are done of taking a short track and making it a mountain chassis... Tunnel, skid etc.. Just not interested in that game. I watched Alpine Vipers the last few days making some sick speed and pulls.. Video of it.. Nope.. Watched MCX vipers climb well just about anything... Video of it ... Nope.. Not everyone videos there stuff. Also why.. Most didn't do a 2014 Viper cuz people don't want to be the Guinea!!! Yamaha has done a remarkable job marketing & promoting 2015 product .. Now that all the bugs are worked out for 2015 they will be a great mountain machine. Will I post video next season of my 2015 Viper climbing maybe, doubt it..

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why u say... For me (many) my days are done of taking a short track and making it a mountain chassis... Tunnel, skid etc.. Just not interested in that game. I watched Alpine Vipers the last few days making some sick speed and pulls.. Video of it.. Nope.. Watched MCX vipers climb well just about anything... Video of it ... Nope.. Not everyone videos there stuff. Also why.. Most didn't do a 2014 Viper cuz people don't want to be the Guinea!!! Yamaha has done a remarkable job marketing & promoting 2015 product .. Now that all the bugs are worked out for 2015 they will be a great mountain machine. Will I post video next season of my 2015 Viper climbing maybe, doubt it..

I seem to recall a lot of people asking for videos of boosted Vipers this winter, boost-It crew put them up for everyone to watch and make decisions on wether they would buy a 15 boosted Viper. I may be wrong but I think the Boost-It videos peaked everyone's interest and sold a few kits for every turbo manufacture.

There are a few other videos out of other kits on the snow, most did not look that exciting.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I prefer videos that don't have music so a person can hear the on/off throttle response and also hear if there is any miss-firing....anyone can post a video of a sled, put music in and hide any running issues in low to mid throttle...Neils stuff runs perfect everywhere !!!!

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i base my buying on my homework too,1st company to build a turbo kit for the viper, boost it oh & every turbo builder has copied there design.company with the most on snow mtn testing hours & days,boost it.company with the most mtn vipers on the snow,boost it.water to air intercoolers,Garrett ball bearing turbo standard,clutching with kit standard & one of the best fuel systems standard,all this stuff is not a upgrade.the best part is the kit is made in Canada & if you have a issue,when you call the guys at the shop,they are the guys that built & designed the kit & ride it every weekend.the one thing i can tell you after riding turboed sleds since 03 is dyno time is just a baseline & has little to do with testing in mtns,actual time on the sled in the mtns will show you more in 1 day than a month on the dyno.boost it spends more time mtn testing than any other kit builder & that to me is there biggest selling point.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
OK, this is a Boost it Viper thread. If another thread is required to talk about another kit then start a new thread. Other manufactures please set up a separate tread rather than hijacking this thread.
No Flaming, bashing or antagonizing members or manufactures on this site or you will find yourself a vacation from using the site. Lets all play nice in the sandbox here, with this we will all gain information.
I personally run the Boost-It system on my Nytro it started out to be a powderlights kit and since Neil has contacted me to bring my sled over it has never ran better. Before this is always had issues and has left me totally upset with my sled. I value Niel as both a supporting vendor to this site and a personal friend. He has helped me and many of my friends and colleagues out even when they had a different system that wasn't Boost-it. That says a lot for his character and what type of person he is. Im not sure why all the bashing and stuff towards his product and him but it needs to stop. If your going to bash it or say something bad then your in the wrong place.

Thankyou,

Ron, Head Administrator, Snowandmud.com

noob

Reaction score
Ron, appreciate your help. Don't think your going to see much of Neil on here any more. He's tired of a couple guys and there alters and has better things to do with his day. You won't find a better product and company(neil, tj and jen) that back there product. These couple guys dont' have that and are pi$$ed. All that means Neil is you have something that works and they cant' stand it. Keep up the good work. I'll be up in the fall.

Last edited:

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK, this is a Boost it Viper thread. If another thread is required to talk about another kit then start a new thread. Other manufactures please set up a separate tread rather than hijacking this thread.
No Flaming, bashing or antagonizing members or manufactures on this site or you will find yourself a vacation from using the site. Lets all play nice in the sandbox here, with this we will all gain information.
I personally run the Boost-It system on my Nytro it started out to be a powderlights kit and since Neil has contacted me to bring my sled over it has never ran better. Before this is always had issues and has left me totally upset with my sled. I value Niel as both a supporting vendor to this site and a personal friend. He has helped me and many of my friends and colleagues out even when they had a different system that wasn't Boost-it. That says a lot for his character and what type of person he is. Im not sure why all the bashing and stuff towards his product and him but it needs to stop. If your going to bash it or say something bad then your in the wrong place.

Thankyou,

Ron, Head Administrator, Snowandmud.com

thanks ron,i have seen neil go out of his way to help guys many times no matter what they wer running,boost makes one of the best turbo kits out there,if you want to run it you will love it, if you dont,no prob run what you think is best for you.:beer:

Top Bottom