boost it viper

noob

Reaction score
Got a chance to ride pro-am's boost it viper and all I gotta say is WOW!! I can't wait to get my sled this fall after riding Chris's sled. Going to hook up with NM tomorrow and ride his sled, but these boost it vipers at 8-9 pds will outrun my mcx 270 kit on my nytro. the throttle response is absolutely night and day compared to my nytro. NM has done a bang up job on this setup.

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a chance to ride pro-am's boost it viper and all I gotta say is WOW!! I can't wait to get my sled this fall after riding Chris's sled. Going to hook up with NM tomorrow and ride his sled, but these boost it vipers at 8-9 pds will outrun my mcx 270 kit on my nytro. the throttle response is absolutely night and day compared to my nytro. NM has done a bang up job on this setup.

wait till you ride neils at 12lbs they are crazy fast for so little boost,easily as fast as my nytro with lakeside motor at 15lbs & spool instantly.

Reactions: NM

noob

Reaction score
rode neils the 2nd day and that's what I want my sled to run like. at 10 pds boost that thing would smoke my 270 mcx kit. loved everyone of my mcx kits, excited to run neils kits. the response is as 2 stroke as your gonna get. Neil had his setup up for the chutes that day. I did run the 180 kits at yammi fest and very impressive for 180 horse. gonna be a long summer.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard NM got beat by a couple m1100 cats in boulder on Friday. Story goes he isnt a fan of the cats and was kinda hard on them so the owner ran against him and smoked him. They had evolution mods on these cats and I saw them pulling some insane ground speeds while climbing on Saturday.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
I heard NM got beat by a couple m1100 cats in boulder on Friday. Story goes he isnt a fan of the cats and was kinda hard on them so the owner ran against him and smoked him. They had evolution mods on these cats and I saw them pulling some insane ground speeds while climbing on Saturday.
haha...have to love the internet.
They were very nice guys from Sask and we asked if they had an air pump we could use for Chris Browns shocks.
They asked how much HP our Vipers made and I told them at the Boost we were running they were probably around 220 or so, so I actually asked them if we could compare them in an uphill race. They were EVO 300 HP kits with bigger turbos, etc.
We lined up and the Viper pulled it for quite a while then it drove last me. The sled was fast and ran good.
They did mention what it cost to get it there though, and it was way more money then any Viper we have ever built and they still had a 162 tracks and stock skids. Best running Cats I have ever seen.

NM

Reaction score
rode neils the 2nd day and that's what I want my sled to run like. at 10 pds boost that thing would smoke my 270 mcx kit. loved everyone of my mcx kits, excited to run neils kits. the response is as 2 stroke as your gonna get. Neil had his setup up for the chutes that day. I did run the 180 kits at yammi fest and very impressive for 180 horse. gonna be a long summer.
Thanks Ryan, it was a good weekend and I would like to thank all of the Team Boost-It riders that were wacking the chutes. In all there were 10 pulls in Monster chutes over the weekend by Boost-It fuelled or Boost-It turbo sleds.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They were very nice guys from Sask and we asked if they had an air pump we could use for Chris Browns shocks.
They asked how much HP our Vipers made and I told them at the Boost we were running they were probably around 220 or so, so I actually asked them if we could compare them in an uphill race. They were EVO 300 HP kits with bigger turbos, etc.
We lined up and the Viper pulled it for quite a while then it drove last me. The sled was fast and ran good.
They did mention what it cost to get it there though, and it was way more money then any Viper we have ever built and they still had a 162 tracks and stock skids. Best running Cats I have ever seen.

Those cats did rip. and they didn't say u were running a low boost sled. Also I wasn't bashing your sleds as I know boost it turbos work awesome. It was good to see some m1100's that worked well and they were insane powerful.

NM

Reaction score
Those cats did rip. and they didn't say u were running a low boost sled. Also I wasn't bashing your sleds as I know boost it turbos work awesome. It was good to see some m1100's that worked well and they were insane powerful.
Yes they were very fast. I was running 10 lbs boost all weekend on that sled and climbed a bunch of chutes with it including Monster chute, but finally crashed it in the Gash because I carried way too much speed through the second corner and was so out of shape that I just couldn't get it back.
Chris Brown was climbing all kinds of chutes on his Viper at 9 lbs boost and a 162 track. His sled has a 6500.00 turbo kit on it, and you could build that same sled for about 22000.00 including the sled and other parts. It's awesome how much less money it costs now to build a mod Yamaha then it did a few years ago. Brown was only running about 10 ltrs of C111 so about 25% mix.

noob

Reaction score

Great thing with Neil is he knows his product works well. Some take that as arrogance and cockiness. After meeting and riding with Neil, you won't find a more stand up guy. I dont' know how many times he stopped to help other guys with issues on sleds and taking time out of his schedule to do so. His product flat out works, and he will defend his product as such. But he gives credit where credit is due.

Boost it sleds ran wicked all weekend. Seen lots of other wicked machines at yammi fest as well. Good weekend.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a question here... If the Viper is the same motor as a Nytro. Why does it seem to make more power, lower boost #'s but makes it feel like more than bigger boosted Nytro's?
Or is it just the feeling of more because of the better chassy?

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chassis would be part of it, but the big power at low boost is because of the water to air intercooler kit Boost it runs and having a stock compression motor.

NM

Reaction score
Chassis would be part of it, but the big power at low boost is because of the water to air intercooler kit Boost it runs and having a stock compression motor.
When we started retrofitting WTA intercoolers a few years ago, we had to turn our boost down 3-4 lbs to stay on clutching. Because the charge temps are now so low, we are able to run stock compression and not have to worry so much about detonation. Our charge temps on the Viper are only as high as 60 deg F with the big heat exchanger, and are only slightly higher with the belly mounted heat exchanger that is included in our base kit and the CB edition.

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a unreal climb that viper hauls a$$
cant wait for mine to get here

Reactions: NM

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those are low charge temps, that's half the temp of evo super chute viper. Is that after a big pull to ? I put a garret w/a core in mine, stays around 20 Celsius until I do a long poke then it climbs to 40 Celsius but comes down again right away, I think part of it might be I need a gtx 2867 turbo rather then my 2871 to help it out too.

NM

Reaction score
Those are low charge temps, that's half the temp of evo super chute viper. Is that after a big pull to ? I put a garret w/a core in mine, stays around 20 Celsius until I do a long poke then it climbs to 40 Celsius but comes down again right away, I think part of it might be I need a gtx 2867 turbo rather then my 2871 to help it out too.
Yes that is after a long pull. You are probably running more boost which creates a lot of heat. Our goal is to run as low of boost as possible and still haul ass. With proper turbo sizing, a good WTA cooler, and good clutching the whole package works.

Top Bottom