BOOST-IT Demo days

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
We have planned Demo rides in Revelstoke for March 8 and have March 9th planned as an alternate day if the weather does not agree with the 8th.
We will have 3 Vipers with turbo's available for demo rides. Demo rides will start at 10:30 am in the Sugar Bowl and end around 2:00 PM or so.
The sleds will be as follows.
Viper 174x3 with water to air turbo kit, Racers Edge suspension at approx 280 HP.

Viper 174x3 with water to air turbo, Racers Edge T-Motion, Skins 37 inch front end, at approx 220 HP.

Viper 162x2.6 or 3.0. Stock skid with Zbros coupler and Zbros coil over rear shock. Otherwise stock chassis as it will come from Yamaha next season. This sled will also have our water to air kit as advertised on our snowcheck deal. Approx 210 HP.

Any riders will have to sign a waiver of liability as well as a I break it I buy it agreement. Mechanical failures not withstanding.

If the date changes from the 8th to the 9th then we will update this site as well as the Boost-It face book page.

We are also planning to be in Valemount the following weekend and will confirm shortly.

Thanks

Team Boost-It

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 645

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Neil, on the 280 ish hp kit, does it have a headshim? how many psi? and fuel requirements?

PM me if you prefer...thanks

• Thanks
Reactions: K45

NM

Reaction score
Hey Neil, on the 280 ish hp kit, does it have a headshim? how many psi? and fuel requirements?

It does not have headshim. As of now we are running 50/50 premium and C111. We have set up our kits so the riders can adjust boost and use the appropriate fuel. Over the years we have found that many days you don't need or want to run 270 plus HP and therefore can just turn the boost down. The kit is designed to run a minimum of 8 lbs boost on pump fuel and then go up from there. These sleds are so fun at 8-9 lbs that we rarely turn them up and with stock compression have a real wippy quick revving bottom end. We have had rear mount Nytro guys ride these sleds and they are shocked by the throttle response.
We will have basic guidelines as far as boost vs fuel requirements, but I'm betting most will be more than happy at 8 lbs boost.
Most people wouldn't believe that until they ride these.
If customers want a headshim, then no problem, we have them too.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neil are you going to have any of the turbo pros there to also try just a a comparison? I'm partial to the 2 stroke but these vipers makes a guy think after watching some of the videos the guys with these are posting!

NM

Reaction score
Neil are you going to have any of the turbo pros there to also try just a a comparison? I'm partial to the 2 stroke but these vipers makes a guy think after watching some of the videos the guys with these are posting!
Yes we will have a Pro HO kit there with 174.
I have a bunch of Polaris guys that are ready to jump the fence but they should ride one first.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm happy or sad that I can't attend....... I'll be in Revy for the following week. Take lots of pics and have fun, maybe next year for me :beer:

Reactions: NM

NM

Reaction score

Missed your question about boost pressure.
We estimate 280ish at around 12 lbs boost. We sell a lot of clutch kits to MCX 270 guys and a good running MCX will pull 70-74 gram Dalton's with stock gearing and our 47 deg helix setup.
with the exact same clutching we need to run around 80 gr at 12 lbs boost to stay off of rev limiter. That is on 50/50 fuel.
I know people don't love mixing fuel, but we don't trust pump gas anyway and have never run straight pump in our turbo sleds unless we are 100% sure that the gas is good.
We would love to see some 270 guys bring their sleds to our demo day so they can compare with our 8-12 lb setups.

Ironmanstl

Reaction score
I'll be there for Vale
look forward to it
That may be just what I need to pull me back into a 4 stroke

• Thanks

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could Av Gas (100 LL) be used straight at 12 lbs ? I'm not trying to start the debate about the quality of fuel just if anyone is running it in your kits.

• Thanks

NM

Reaction score
Could Av Gas (100 LL) be used straight at 12 lbs ? I'm not trying to start the debate about the quality of fuel just if anyone is running it in your kits.
No one is using it at this point. I am going to recommend a race gas blend but a customer is of course free to run what the choose.

Bigbragg

Reaction score
Missed your question about boost pressure.
We estimate 280ish at around 12 lbs boost. We sell a lot of clutch kits to MCX 270 guys and a good running MCX will pull 70-74 gram Dalton's with stock gearing and our 47 deg helix setup.
with the exact same clutching we need to run around 80 gr at 12 lbs boost to stay off of rev limiter. That is on 50/50 fuel.
I know people don't love mixing fuel, but we don't trust pump gas anyway and have never run straight pump in our turbo sleds unless we are 100% sure that the gas is good.
We would love to see some 270 guys bring their sleds to our demo day so they can compare with our 8-12 lb setups.

I have a 2013 nytro with a 270 MCX bought new from PG Yamaha. A different dealer just installed the EPI purple secondary spring set a 0-1 and now it revs at 9100 and hits the rev limiter at 7000 ft. Not to mention it burns way more fuel than normal. 2 bars going up Renshaw trail !!
what clutch set up do u use or would recommend for me

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice vid and sweet powder! Where was this taken? Heading out this weekend and plan to make it two in a row to catch the Boost-It demo day!

NM

Reaction score
Nice vid and sweet powder! Where was this taken? Heading out this weekend and plan to make it two in a row to catch the Boost-It demo day!
This was at Boulder. See you guys at the Demo Jim!
It looks like it will be a good turnout.

Top Bottom