Boondockers Nitrous Install

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maxwell where and what are you using to mount your bottle??? What type of bottle?? Have done 2 on xps, mine with the 2.9lbs AL version and one 4lbs CF version.

mine we used the origional BD bracket, cut and layed it back and relocated the fuses to that bracket. Had to cut the origional fuse mount off the oil bottle to suck it in deep enough for the side panel. With the bottle in this location, the side panel will close... barely

The 4lbs CF version we had to make our own brack that mounted off the chaincase.
Muff Pot.jpg

EDIT: Actually not that i remember, the weld i didnt get just right so i actually just took a wide punch to the backside mount of the bracket and bent in there, thus laying the bottle back further. If you zoom in on that pic you can see the relocated fuses (no cutting) and bent bracket.

Last edited:

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doing my first install on an xp with this kit.. mounted bottle...cant close sidepanel by like 2 inches? wtf?anyone?
Here's a picture of the holtzman kit I did on my 08. I still have a bunch of these plates laying around too if you're interested. They step off the Chaincase bolts with 1/2" Bushings. 148875_10150334454440534_767885533_16073263_7706680_n.jpg

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maxwell where and what are you using to mount your bottle??? What type of bottle?? Have done 2 on xps, mine with the 2.9lbs AL version and one 4lbs CF version.

mine we used the origional BD bracket, cut and layed it back and relocated the fuses to that bracket. Had to cut the origional fuse mount off the oil bottle to suck it in deep enough for the side panel. With the bottle in this location, the side panel will close... barely

The 4lbs CF version we had to make our own brack that mounted off the chaincase.
View attachment 123945

EDIT: Actually not that i remember, the weld i didnt get just right so i actually just took a wide punch to the backside mount of the bracket and bent in there, thus laying the bottle back further. If you zoom in on that pic you can see the relocated fuses (no cutting) and bent bracket.

thanks. ya i have the same deal. 3lb alum bottle. my bracket doesnt put the bottle as near forward as yours. will have to take a closer look

Top Bottom