Boondocker turbo assault wont idle when cold

Assault7

Reaction score
I have a boondocker turbo on my 2014 assault. Everything works good on it accept when it is cold out it will not idle. I have to keep the rpms up around 2000 so that it doesnt die. Once the sled warms up it idles just fine but until then it just over fuels and dies. Anyone had this happen before? My dad has the same turbo and his does the same thing.

Assault7

Reaction score
New top end was put in when i put the turbo on it. Compression should still be good. The sled never did it before the turbo was put on.

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New top end was put in when i put the turbo on it. Compression should still be good. The sled never did it before the turbo was put on.

Have you tried leaning out your off boost fuel numbers in the 0-33 range slightly? Also, checking and re-calibrating your tps sensor is never a bad idea. Just make sure if you take it to a dealer to have it done that BD box is not hooked up as it will interfere with the Polaris tool.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Disconnect your fuel controller and try it. If the problem goes away, that'll tell you if you need to be changing your fuel settings.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like its a pipe temp sensor sending the wrong temp and overfueling when cold. Something is telling the computer to throw more fuel than it needs. Kind of like the choke being stuck on.

Top Bottom