Boondocker Resistor Install

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had some pics and instruction on the install of the Boondocker Resistor on my 2009 M1000. Thanks , J :beer:

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a fella on another site post this

So 50 are from people who don't know anything about the new sleds, and 50 is from people who have been dealing with these for the last 4 years & actually know what is needed & what works.

Sorry, I've been running without lights on 7 different M sleds since 07, and no handwarmers on 3 of those. I get sick of the clueless costing decent guys money on something they know nothing about.

That said... if you still want to put it on, there's an acc plug behind the plate triangle, you can plug it in there, or there's a number of different hots on the sled that would maybe be more handy.

Otherwise, there ARE people who actually need them , you can get rid of it pretty easy, it's just wasted weight & one more thing to go wrong on an 09. (and I've run 09's with no lights, warmers, or gauges with zero issues) The CCU does EXACTLY what you're putting on does, it's a voltage regulator.

2009 M1000 diagram
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 809x525 and weights 48KB.

Part # 22
Part# Regulator, Voltage

0630-250
Desc REGULATOR/RECTIFER (CF/M) USD Price 116.95

You'l notice that if you go to an M7 diagram, you won't see this part, THIS is why many people don't know better, they blew an M7 ecu & just assume they've never changed.

M7 diagram...

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1032x694 and weights 54KB.

Top Bottom