Boondocker or Etec Aerocharger?

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dave says leave the Reeds alone! haha I was talking to him when i dropped my sled off. Have you had any issues with the stock reeds? or is everything still good?

Yeah I talked to him the day after we talked and he told me the same thing. Still haven't had a single problem but I did track down a spare set just in case.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was hoping the pipe would be included in that price. If they're willing to come for a test ride and teach a guy how to use the Boost-it system, then that is worth it to me as well. Salmon Arm is a long drive but great customer service is hard to come by anymore. Thanks again for the input.

Yeah the pipe is an extra $500. The way Dave explained it to me is there is no performance gain from the pipe, it's just stronger, so if your stock pipe holds up you're not really out anything.

If you can work it so the day you drop in off they're in Revy then you can save yourself a couple of hours driving. They'll pick it up right from Boulder if they've got room.

I wasn't able to make it work for the drop off but when I picked up we met in Sicamous to go for the ride.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah the pipe is an extra $500. The way Dave explained it to me is there is no performance gain from the pipe, it's just stronger, so if your stock pipe holds up you're not really out anything.

If you can work it so the day you drop in off they're in Revy then you can save yourself a couple of hours driving. They'll pick it up right from Boulder if they've got room.

I wasn't able to make it work for the drop off but when I picked up we met in Sicamous to go for the ride.

If the drop off worked out then great, if not I'll work around it. As for the pipe, I was thinking I might get my buddy to Tig the seams for me, then I'll wrap it. Now to make the appointment and find out where I can get some Av.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the drop off worked out then great, if not I'll work around it. As for the pipe, I was thinking I might get my buddy to Tig the seams for me, then I'll wrap it. Now to make the appointment and find out where I can get some Av.

Brandon Petroleum in edmonton, super deal going on right now give Kane a call 780-920-0038

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep the Micku's at TSS have been great to they install my kit this summer, been down there a few time since then going over things and tuning. Last weeks ride was the the first trip running perfect! now I just have to change out the skid, going to do the the Baker upgrade. Hate having to let off to keep going

This was my first pull with it, just getting a feel for it, WOW Awseome! Currently running only 7lbs as my skid won't handle any more, 108 fuel, stock reeds and yes I bought there turbo pipe

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The way things are looking I think the boys at TSS are gonna have thier hands full for a while keeping up with orders! Man do those things sound good.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep the Micku's at TSS have been great to they install my kit this summer, been down there a few time since then going over things and tuning. Last weeks ride was the the first trip running perfect! now I just have to change out the skid, going to do the the Baker upgrade. Hate having to let off to keep going

This was my first pull with it, just getting a feel for it, WOW Awseome! Currently running only 7lbs as my skid won't handle any more, 108 fuel, stock reeds and yes I bought there turbo pipe
TSS E-Tec - YouTube

Nice Video!

Yeah mine's going to Baker on Saturday it's a shame I'm going to loose the T-motion but the front end will just not stay down on a steep pull.

I found that around 6 or 7lbs really helped keeping things in control with the skid too.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice Video!

Yeah mine's going to Baker on Saturday it's a shame I'm going to loose the T-motion but the front end will just not stay down on a steep pull.

I found that around 6 or 7lbs really helped keeping things in control with the skid too.

I'm hoping its not too Bad, I'm soo pumped to ride mine though :D

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
come early febuary my baker skid will be for sale, comes with titanuim front arm, and magnetics.... if anyone is intreasted

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

TSS E-Tec - YouTube

Now thats how a turbo is supposed to work! Just need that skid now and your set.

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice Video!

Ya I threw the T-Motion is my sled to this season, Im sad its going to loose it too. The Micku's were bugging me cause I told them I like to Wheely around all over the place, But I found it doesn't wheely just goes over Backwards!! lol. Ya, I don't know if running at 7 lbs is reely helping that much, but I know it is better than ten!

backchannel

Reaction score
Ya I threw the T-Motion is my sled to this season, Im sad its going to loose it too. The Micku's were bugging me cause I told them I like to Wheely around all over the place, But I found it doesn't wheely just goes over Backwards!! lol. Ya, I don't know if running at 7 lbs is reely helping that much, but I know it is better than ten!
Baker is looking at ways to keep T-Motion and coupling.

backchannel

Reaction score
Top secret shop does high end etec turbos using Boost it controllers. They work amazing.

TSS because they are local and use Neils Boost-It or Boondocker because they have a tps and altitude sensitve boost controller which makes it very linear to drive. Either should be comparable for power. I have BD 860 etec and I'm very pleased with it.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in the same boat you were in about 2 weeks ago, I looked at the aerocharger, I looked at the boondocker, and both of them and the rumors around them scared me. It seemed there is either a lot of horror stories about them or their kit doesnt have something vital. Long story short i have a deposit down for a turbo for my XM at The Top Secret Shop. Everyone i talk to about their etec turbo kits say nothing but good things. and whenever you hear people watching the micku boys on their TSS Turbo Etecs all you ever here is "those things pull hard". I was looking for the exact same thing, lower boost just good reliable power.

I'm going with TSS for that reason, but a warning with any etec turbo, you better be running av gas or a mix.

Well, I took the plunge, and my sled is booked in at TSS in February! Unbelievablely excited!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have six hard days of riding under my belt now with it, no problems just, you just fly :D you will be very happy i can guarantee!
I can't wait to hear how it works with 60 plus days on it. I've already rode 1500 km this yr and lots to go yet. If I could get 3500 km with reasonable tuning/maintenance I'm getting one for sure. Maybe even turbo both my etec's

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
everyones needs are different for a turbo sled... for me having a turbo sled, should not feel similar to a great running bb, it should feel considerablly better, that is why a turbo cost three times the price to have

one needs to try them all out before buying, your 8grand might be undervalued

if my bb would keep up to my aerocharger i would be sadley disapointed...

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
everyones needs are different for a turbo sled... for me having a turbo sled, should not feel similar to a great running bb, it should feel considerablly better, that is why a turbo cost three times the price to have

one needs to try them all out before buying, your 8grand might be undervalued

if my bb would keep up to my aerocharger i would be sadley disapointed...

Your damn right it had better pull harder than a BB. I would be some upset if it didn't.
I would love to try them all, but it's not like all the builders are on the hill at one time for a demo day, otherwise I would have.
Aerocharger is actually the first turbo I considered. I liked the idea of the variable vanes, but not the fact that I've never seen them in anything else. Maybe I'm just ignorant, I don't know.
As far as the 8 grand goes, you get what you pay for, IMO. I've only found one bad review on any forum about TSS and that was some dude complaining about his cousins 1200.. I might also mention that i havent found one bad review on the Boost-it system, anywhere.

On a different note; I've been following your thread on your new build and I will say that is one ridiculously awesome looking machine. I hope all your hard work pays off.

Top Bottom