Boondocker dealers Alberta

tyman212

Reaction score
I am interested in getting a Boondocker turbo with a new pro, I would like to finance the two together, so I am looking for a polaris dealer who will also sell me a boondocker turbo. In Alberta, Edmonton area preferably. Does anybody know of polaris dealers who sell boondocker turbos? BD doesn't have a dealer list and the ones I found don't sell polaris sleds. Thanks

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I am interested in getting a Boondocker turbo with a new pro, I would like to finance the two together, so I am looking for a polaris dealer who will also sell me a boondocker turbo. In Alberta, Edmonton area preferably. Does anybody know of polaris dealers who sell boondocker turbos? BD doesn't have a dealer list and the ones I found don't sell polaris sleds. Thanks

Maybe you have found something.........the new Polaris and a turbo might need a little more than epoxy.

jeremy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If you wanted to take a drive, Cycle North Powersports in Prince George, BC will get you what you are looking for. If you need the machine brought to Alberta, we are traveling back and forth.

Ask for Danny or Dustin

1-250-964-9091

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We absolutely can help you out. Although we are not a Polaris Dealership we are now Carrying Boondocker Turbos!! We can get you a great price on 2 sleds, and Boost them for you.

We have experienced Turbo People who can do the job right.

Contact us
780-826-6121 for more information

tyman212

Reaction score
I am wanting to snowcheck a 14 so not needing a sled right away, and I will install the Turbo on my own, just would need to finance it in order to afford the kit. Prince George is a little to far away, but I may look into it if I don't find anything closer to home.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am wanting to snowcheck a 14 so not needing a sled right away, and I will install the Turbo on my own, just would need to finance it in order to afford the kit. Prince George is a little to far away, but I may look into it if I don't find anything closer to home.

Momma is in Bonnyville about a 2 1/2 hour drive.

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mountain Toys Polaris in Cochrane, AB sells BD turbos. give them a call 403-932-4828

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I have a wonderful epic and awesome solution.. We will work with Motion Motorsports here in Bonnyville... we can supply your Turbo, they can do your snow check and we can wrap it in.. give them a call, talk to Roger
780-826-7433. They can do your ap over the phone too. Go onto the boondocker site, Click the "Turbo Builder" Tab so we have an idea of what you'd like.

Win win for everyone.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Please don't take this wrong way, but...

Your planning on financing something that will essentially have no warranty, could potentially be very expensive to fix, and potentially be more at risk of needing those expensive repairs.

I am speaking from experience in telling you this, but if you can't at least pay cash for the toys, at least pay cash for the turbo.
Nothing sucks worse then paying for something that your not able to even use, and trying to finance repairs might be tough.

Another option would be buying used, since your not going to have any warranty anyways, and then turbo it.

My advice would be ride the machine. I had intentions of turboing my '13 pro. But the more I ride it, the more it surprises me where and how far it will go being bone stock.

Maybe I'm just getting old...

tyman212

Reaction score

Your planning on financing something that will essentially have no warranty, could potentially be very expensive to fix, and potentially be more at risk of needing those expensive repairs.

I am speaking from experience in telling you this, but if you can't at least pay cash for the toys, at least pay cash for the turbo.
Nothing sucks worse then paying for something that your not able to even use, and trying to finance repairs might be tough.

Another option would be buying used, since your not going to have any warranty anyways, and then turbo it.

My advice would be ride the machine. I had intentions of turboing my '13 pro. But the more I ride it, the more it surprises me where and how far it will go being bone stock.

I appreciate the concern, and I understand what you are saying. However when I get the sled I plan on putting a drop in kit right away to save the engine thus voiding warrenty. So why not buy the turbo head with the kit and turbo it right away? Since I plan on doing so in a couple years anyways. I've been a mechanic for a year and a half and have done all my own work since I was a kid, with the help of my dad. So I won't have to pay for labour. Only parts for repairs. I also would like to upgrade the belt drive to a c3 system. And would like to have money to pay for that when I get the sled, so that's why I'm looking at financing it together. Plus I plan on having the sled for a few years so I don't mind making payments untill I have enough to pay it all off. I already have a sled, and used is not the way I want to go, unless I can finance it. But I'd rather get a new one.

tyman212

Reaction score
Ok I have a wonderful epic and awesome solution.. We will work with Motion Motorsports here in Bonnyville... we can supply your Turbo, they can do your snow check and we can wrap it in.. give them a call, talk to Roger
780-826-7433. They can do your ap over the phone too. Go onto the boondocker site, Click the "Turbo Builder" Tab so we have an idea of what you'd like.

Win win for everyone.

Sounds like a good idea, I will look into that. Thank you.
Anybody else know of any dealer closer to Edmonton? Baddocks in Vermilion deals with Silber i believe, but i think BD would be a better kit than silber, and I would rather have the ability to adjust my fueling rather than not like the new silber kits, However I do like the simplicity of the oiless turbo Silber is coming out with.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea, I will look into that. Thank you.
Anybody else know of any dealer closer to Edmonton? Baddocks in Vermilion deals with Silber i believe, but i think BD would be a better kit than silber, and I would rather have the ability to adjust my fueling rather than not like the new silber kits, However I do like the simplicity of the oiless turbo Silber is coming out with.
You will be happy with boondocker.. plus we have the Know how to keep you happy. The kit is part of it.. between the customer service from Boondocker and our shop you'll be happy happy happy............ just sayin......... :D

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i agree. this whole situation sounds like financial suicide.

tyman212

Reaction score
i agree. this whole situation sounds like financial suicide.

The reason I would like to finance the whole deal is so I have money for parts or other things that come up, I could save up and buy a turbo next fall, but then all Id have is a sled and turbo and if something breaks it would be getting tight to fix it. Plus all my other upgrades would have to be put on hold, If it was a new car that cost 20k its the same idea, but i already have two vehicles. I don't see how it's suicide to finance it together it just means higher payments. I plan on having this sled for a long time, and would love to start off with a turbo, how else will it feel like more power than my cat? Like i said before i can do all my own work, and I pay attention to detail while working on sleds as while as when running them, so I don't think its higher risk of breaking something with a drop in kit and turbo than the stock pro motor. I've done lots of research on these sleds and turboing them, so I know what I'm getting into. Maybe you see something that I don't, but I want to have an awesome toy before I get married, otherwise i don't think I'd be getting a new toy, and then when I could afford it i'd be missing out on great riding. And my current sled just doesn't cut it in the mountains anymore, I feel like my old zx chasis 800 did better.

Jbiz

Reaction score
All the mechanical experience in the world won't help you when you smash it into a tree. Turbos are for people who are sponsored and for people who can at the very least afford the snowmobile. I don't know you from a hole in the ground and certainly not trying to piss you off but the way you speak about "saving up" to pay it off later you might be further ahead to finance it stock and end up pleasantly surprised at what it will do. And after saving for a year because of all your extra cash from a smaller payment if you still must have the turbo then you can pay cash. Mods are fun to put on over time because you make the sled better as you go. Having them all at once is sometimes unnecessary as you don't do the sled justice. Either way you sound like you have your mind made up. There is a lot of wisdom on this site. Just a bunch of guys who have been there done that so to speak.

tyman212

Reaction score
All the mechanical experience in the world won't help you when you smash it into a tree. Turbos are for people who are sponsored and for people who can at the very least afford the snowmobile. I don't know you from a hole in the ground and certainly not trying to piss you off but the way you speak about "saving up" to pay it off later you might be further ahead to finance it stock and end up pleasantly surprised at what it will do. And after saving for a year because of all your extra cash from a smaller payment if you still must have the turbo then you can pay cash. Mods are fun to put on over time because you make the sled better as you go. Having them all at once is sometimes unnecessary as you don't do the sled justice. Either way you sound like you have your mind made up. There is a lot of wisdom on this site. Just a bunch of guys who have been there done that so to speak.

No I haven't made my mind up yet, just considering options for a snow check. I never did think of it like that, with a turbo I won't even know what the sled is capable of stock, and will be able to blow over the top no matter what hill, so where's the challenge and fun in that? I'm no Burandt, so I'm sure I don't need a turbo, I'll do the sled for now, can put some small performance mods on it, drop in kit for sure, then if I think I need more power I can do the turbo later. I appreciate your response.

Jbiz

Reaction score
I had the pleasure of riding with a rmhsa cat factory rider in Utah a few years back. He has every sled imaginable in his stable. From 600 stockers to open mod 300 horse chute climbers. When he isn't competing and just out for a ride with the boys, they all ride stock 800s. Like you said, it's too easy. Sure there are steep and deep days where the turbo is unreal. And yes they are amazing. But these new sleds are pretty damn amazing too. The way they are evolving makes turboing them a rich mans game because in two years the latest and greatest is out and you are left with an outdated turbo. Not bashing anybody that rides turbos. Kudos to you. I'm simply saying that they are a VERY expensive investment. Or dare I say liability.

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
That's a good idea not to put yourself in financial debt over a turbo and a sled, but really who are the people on a chat forum to tell you what to do, I like how people on here that have never owned a turbo chime in, talk to someone with a turbo to get a good response I am not saying its a good or bad idea for you to have a turbo sled but do some real homework on then make your decision, you may be surprised on what mechanics half to say about them!!! As for who would be the best for a boondocker kit I would be hard pressed not to take it to Brent Linderman at Artic edge motorsports he knows his stuff.

Jbiz

Reaction score
I own a turbo, not trying to tell you what to do. Whatever you chose have fun.

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
What kind of sled and turbo? I'm always trying to get information on different sleds and turbos that's why I'm asking
also I'm just giving my opinion just like everybody else!

Top Bottom