Bogging Out At Full Throttle

HammerTime

Reaction score
Hey,
Looking for some advice before I take my machine to the shop. I have a 2004 Polaris 700 XC Liberty Edition. Ive changed the plugs and everything appears good with them and the machine sounds and runs well. But when Im out on the bay and look to go full throttal the machine bogs down and looses power. After I let off it goes back to normal with no side effects that I can tell. Evereything looks good under the hood. Its about minus 10 degree weather I'm driving in now. Is this just a jetting issue?

Jake

Reaction score
Re: Bogging Out At Full Throttal

That's what my 02 800 ran like when it dropped an exhaust valve. Changed jets 3 times that day.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exhaust valve all day, it happened to me with my 03 800, they are easy to change out. and parts are not too expensive.

Reaction score
It may be an exhaust valve, but if it's not, check the bushing on the face cover of your drive clutch. If it slides out of the cover, you should see it on the shaft under the drive spring. If it is out of the cover, you could probably put that one back in, if it still fits snug over the shaft good, and not too worn, make sure to use some medium strength (blue) loctite to keep it in place in the cover.
good luck, and good riding!!

Top Bottom