Bogging issues

Reaction score
I own a 2010 m8 sno pro right up until now i have been happy with it and have no issues, was up on a friends acrage the weekend in some pretty decent powder at started having bog issues at when the sled was full throttle, happened 2 or 3 times, shut it off and tried it again and was good,

My buddy said it could be my power valves which i can agree with but the sled has 450 miles on it and i really can"t see my valves being issue.

I know there was a recall on the primary clutch spring on these sleds but i never got a call from my dealership about it so i thought mine was fine, could the valves possibly need to be cleaned with such low milelige? The sled has a years warranty left on it and its going to be looked at but this sux cause its brand new and thats why i wanted to go new so i wouldin have these issues,

Hopefully someone can offer some insight into what the problem could be.

Oh also when it bogs it only pulls at like 6500 rpm, when normally its pulls a stady 8000-8100

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
running good oil check the cables on the servo motor to test ex valves cables should move freely easey to do , look at primary spring clutch on motor it might be broken

DragonSmoke

Reaction score
I know that sometimes around the headlight that powder snow can be sucked in. I have since removed mine and installed an intake. But previous to that snow was leaking by the lights and I was ingesting snow.....just a thought.

Primary spring broke on mine in the hills and I had the same issue with bogging as well. There is a re-call on these black springs, there are several fixes but Installed a D&D orange in mine.

Kruchy

Reaction score
Powder snow was the problem with mine. As long as I kept the intakes clear by the headlights it ran fine. If the spring is not broken than it is obviously not that. I would get the spring changed out though.

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The snow around the headlight is a major issue contributing to bogging. It will suprise you how little it takes to create a major bog. With the snow we have around here now (around Edmonton/Whitecourt) and the cold temps we have had my intake was plugging and icing up. Had my intake box off to install some frogskins and found box with a decent amount of water inside. Hoping the frogskins on the nose cone will help with this bogging issue, but I am not holding my breathe. DragonSmoke, what airbox did you go with? Have you had a chance to try it in this powder we now have?

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was having some bogging issues on my last trip and yep sure enough the primary spring is broke..good thing its a recall.:d

Stephen k

Reaction score
My buddy's sled is bogging under heavy load and limits the speed to approx 90-110km/h
any ideas what's going on ? We have cleaned the power valves and check the servo for them and everything is good that way and the clutches are in good shape!! The sled has a small bog ( waits to die at idle ) then clears up but will never rev out ??

Last edited:

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What year is the sled?..could it possibly be bad fuel or the wrong fuel for the sled?

Uptown

Reaction score
I had similar issue riding this past sunday, ran great for half an hour but then once in a while i would pinn it and blaaaa, falls on its face. release throttle and try again and voala! it rips!. mine was not a powder bog, had that in the mountains in 4ft of fresh though. I think the issue is using a aftermarket can and the fuel mapping, all while riding in -25c weather! i am tuning my efi slowly with a Power Commander, fuel pressure is 45psi and soo far i have removed fuel at WOT, now the plugs are tan\dark brown. Also adding fuel in the midrange and a little on the bottom. i have a Speedwerx muffler, slp intake, and rage cages. Have to say though the 2.6 powerclaw is wicked, pulls wheelies on command. oh ya also lean out the oil pump 1 to 2 turns and tie the little arms together.

marcel.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had similar issues with my 09 m1000 all I did was punch two holes in the airbox in front and put those slp flow rite vents and my problem was solved.

Top Bottom