bogging 1999 670 summit

Dano670

Reaction score
my friend has a problem with bogging as he starts to climb in elevation ,its starts around three quarters - full throttle and will not settle down until he comes back down to lower elevation . It runs fine closer to sea level I talked him into this sled. Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my friend has a problem with bogging as he starts to climb in elevation ,its starts around three quarters - full throttle and will not settle down until he comes back down to lower elevation . It runs fine closer to sea level I talked him into this sled. Any help would be greatly appreciated .
Sounds ike a DPM issue, make sure all the plastic hoses are in good shape and not plugged. Might be jetted too fat.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree sounds like DPM, I have test procedure if you need it, a buddy had simular prob and we tracked it down to the temp sensor pluged into airbox. What are clutch clickers set at, I run mine at 5 anywhere over 6500ft.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it only on exhaust side when climbing?? How bout carb floats cleaning carbs, fuel lines or the pump itself especially if only during climbs sounds like it's not getting enough fuel. Does it run solid at elevation not climbing? If constant at elevation would look towards DPM. Did ya check plugs when up top?

Dano670

Reaction score
I talked to my friend more about this elevation thing ,and he said at or around sea level it does fine, even climbing .From what i understand it developes problems as soon as it reaches an elevation where you would normally rejet if you had an older sled .Again it happens when he starts hill climb, putting the engine under load if he feathers the throttle he can coax it a bit,however if he hammers it the engine will seem like its starving for fuel.On a further note we pulled the r.a.v.e. valves and found pto side running richer and its gasket blown out in the center,mag side had a small amount of carbon and neither were sticking.We found some debris coming from the line that goes from dpm to the air pump while running engine ,said it was an oily substance.Could it be an air pump issue?

nascar924

Reaction score
I talked to my friend more about this elevation thing ,and he said at or around sea level it does fine, even climbing .From what i understand it developes problems as soon as it reaches an elevation where you would normally rejet if you had an older sled .Again it happens when he starts hill climb, putting the engine under load if he feathers the throttle he can coax it a bit,however if he hammers it the engine will seem like its starving for fuel.On a further note we pulled the r.a.v.e. valves and found pto side running richer and its gasket blown out in the center,mag side had a small amount of carbon and neither were sticking.We found some debris coming from the line that goes from dpm to the air pump while running engine ,said it was an oily substance.Could it be an air pump issue?

hey i have new set of jaws pipes for the 670x with stingers if u know anyone looking, 650.00

Dano670

Reaction score
To 99summitx thanks for the dpm test procedure,will check machine over tomorrow.as i said earlier this little 600 and change dusted a 2001 800 rmk in a head to head match in abbotsford,kinda surprised us all ,even the guy on the polaris.This put a smile on his face as he heard these were fast but did not think he had chance against an 800.

Top Bottom