bobbi burns

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so can you actually get up bobbi burns roads and into the bowls??? looked at the map enough, just wondering if anyone has tried getting up in there.

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Silver Mines I think is what you are checking out.
Their ski terrain is not legit yet until second week of april.
Then the tenure ends I believe.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Silver Mines I think is what you are checking out.
Their ski terrain is not legit yet until second week of april.
Then the tenure ends I believe.

no, i know where silver mines is. bobbi burns is about halfway up the road. So it is ski terrain but can access it to ride?

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahaha, no no no no, you are definitely thinking about Silver mines...... :eek:
Never heard of anyone making it in there....

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
????

silver mines is up vermont creek road, many people ride there, break into snowman pass

i guess i am confusing ppl here, bobbie burns road is big. SO i guess you would call it "old" bobbi burns road, or atleast thats what the map book says it is. This would take you up to the end of bobbi burns creek. Carbonate Mtn. Map book calls it bobbi burns snowmobile area along the spillimachineen range.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
????

silver mines is up vermont creek road, many people ride there, break into snowman pass

i guess i am confusing ppl here, bobbie burns road is big. SO i guess you would call it "old" bobbi burns road, or atleast thats what the map book says it is. This would take you up to the end of bobbi burns creek. Carbonate Mtn. Map book calls it bobbi burns snowmobile area along the spillimachineen range.

maybe GSR is keeping a secret from us..... we need the details:d

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i see some tracks up there every so often, not high traffic area. I know i was talking to some guys and they said yes there is riding up there but it is a battle to reach

heh dont make me go up there, cause i wont stop till i get to the top :)

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i see some tracks up there every so often, not high traffic area. I know i was talking to some guys and they said yes there is riding up there but it is a battle to reach

heh dont make me go up there, cause i wont stop till i get to the top :)

hey if ur thinkin/looking where i went last yr half way to the mines take right?.....is good back there..in summer theres road leads right to 7000 ft Vary over grown,some crazy slide paths but great big snow....

:d:beer:
M

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey if ur thinkin/looking where i went last yr half way to the mines take right?.....is good back there..in summer theres road leads right to 7000 ft Vary over grown,some crazy slide paths but great big snow....

:d:beer:
M

BINGO!!! just the info i was looking for.

TroutHawk

Reaction score
come on gsr are ya holding out???????????????

Ya, we HAD a condo at Radium for the last couple years......sold it.....lots of secrets in this area.? :nono: Back to Valemount, (not that the lips aren't any looser...but if your trying to be A PART OF THE COMMUNITY...) ANYWAYS, sledding is 10X better there anyway in Vale, IMO + Everyone I tried to take to Radium/Inveremere hated it! NO SNOW.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, we HAD a condo at Radium for the last couple years......sold it.....lots of secrets in this area.? :nono: Back to Valemount, (not that the lips aren't any looser...but if your trying to be A PART OF THE COMMUNITY...) ANYWAYS, sledding is 10X better there anyway in Vale, IMO + Everyone I tried to take to Radium/Inveremere hated it! NO SNOW.

:d sorry for your luck.. more for me then hahaha

Rescue Pilot

Reaction score
Two words ....."GOOGLE EARTH"

amazing program to scout terrain, OK, I'm now way over the two words :)

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

First time I went to the "mine" was '96 and have thought alot about exploring other area around there, but I haven't been out enough the past few years to commit to trying something new.(1~2 trips a year here and always have the need to 'hit' the good stuff!) Glad to know that others are up for a bit of exploring. Has anyone been there this year? How many K past the summit lake road?(or which km to turn off at?)

BINGO!!! just the info i was looking for.

THANKS for starting this thread!

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I maybe going in there friday or saturday...see if the others in the group are up for it.:d

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode rky point yesterday, 12" of fresh on top of concrete base. Trail in was brutal rough.

Top Bottom